+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rovrum

My worry is we're not working the keepers of a league 2 defence and Rotherham's who by their own admission was like a colander last yr (yes I know they've probably changed some personnel point remains they aren't championship), still time for things to get changed so not panicking yet need a couple more me

2 quid a pint of cider in county borough and yes I knew what it was like before I went in I used to go to college in Rotherham when I was a yoooath,believe it or not it looked better than I remember it,some reyt characters in there though made for a very entertaining night all round

Thought it was a decent game and Rotherham gave us a good physical test,special mention to young Jake in goal,well done young un

He did well mrD wasn't at fault for their goal (tonight's have been on SSN already with a short interview with the messiah) made some good saves especially the one on one,don't want him to be 1st choice tho if Moore is out keeper is a priority

Was on the row behind you btw

Quote Originally Posted by Longshortandtall View Post
    Just got back easier to get home from Rovrum than BDTBL. John Smiths £1.80 a pint in Bluecoat pre match whet the appetite for a competitive game. Same as Chezzy first half we tried to walk the ball into the net. No disrespect to Rovrum but thought Chezzys front two caused us more problems on Tuesday.

What did we learn? Well Carruthers is not a No.10 Tidy player but doesn't provide the killer pass. Young Eastwood commands his box better than George Long and was the busier of the two keepers. Blessing in disguise maybe that Moore got injured maybe now we will spend the cash on a suitable back up keeper.

Enda Stevens is a much better player than Lafferty going forward and took his goal well.

The game changed when Brookes and Duffy came on master and apprentice for the No.10 role. Brookes may have had a mare at Matlock but one pass across the goal for the first one and a lovely dink for the second shows what a special player he is. Sloppy goal conceded but we'll allow them that after two games in 3 days.

So are we ready for the championship? who knows we need to be more positive when in possession of the ball on the edge of the area a shot now and then wouldn't go amiss. Stoke will be a different challenge hopefully they will have a go at us rather than sit back like the lower league teams. Confident that Tufty will get it right.

Very impressed with young Eastwood. Didn't put a foot wrong

Brooks looks to be something special despite only getting a bit part tonight

Thought Lavery did well when he came on

My concern (apart from losing Moore) is up top. Personally, I don't think we are strong enough. It all looks a bit huff and puff and I think in the Championship we'll be found wanting, Goals make prizes, I hope it's not our achilles heel

Still a way to go so hopefully our weaknesses will be addressed. Wilder seemed a bit concerned in SSN interview stating it's out of his hands now, but we need to get these signings over the line. Said bid is in for Lundstram and it's up to Oxford now

Brooks won it for us again! Superb assist.

Good workout but a real blow with Moore's injury, maybe for him more than us.

Christophers verdict

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Longshortandtall View Post
    Just got back easier to get home from Rovrum than BDTBL. John Smiths £1.80 a pint in Bluecoat pre match whet the appetite for a competitive game. Same as Chezzy first half we tried to walk the ball into the net. No disrespect to Rovrum but thought Chezzys front two caused us more problems on Tuesday.

What did we learn? Well Carruthers is not a No.10 Tidy player but doesn't provide the killer pass. Young Eastwood commands his box better than George Long and was the busier of the two keepers. Blessing in disguise maybe that Moore got injured maybe now we will spend the cash on a suitable back up keeper.

Enda Stevens is a much better player than Lafferty going forward and took his goal well.

The game changed when Brookes and Duffy came on master and apprentice for the No.10 role. Brookes may have had a mare at Matlock but one pass across the goal for the first one and a lovely dink for the second shows what a special player he is. Sloppy goal conceded but we'll allow them that after two games in 3 days.

So are we ready for the championship? who knows we need to be more positive when in possession of the ball on the edge of the area a shot now and then wouldn't go amiss. Stoke will be a different challenge hopefully they will have a go at us rather than sit back like the lower league teams. Confident that Tufty will get it right.
    Brooksy is one of them players that put a smile on you're face when he's on't ball,or of you prefer gets bums off seats,he'll not have gr8 games all the time but he does try and make things happen in and around the oppo area.It looked bad for Moore and it's worryin but as others have mentioned Jake was excellent and made 3 or 4 very good saves and was alert and confident.A couple of years ago i thought there was little to choose between him and Rammers but Jake had a injury and Rammers then went quite along way in front of Jake.Did anyone see the fight between BLADES half way up the stand behind the goal? I thought well i've seen it all nar fightin amonsgt themselves at a friendly,and the thing was the fella doin most of the punchin looked middle aged at least,crazy behaviour in my view.On our way out of the ground several were sayin that's the worst match i've ever seen,i thought it's a friendly what do these fans expect? I thought it was competitive and anytime we played a few passes together in't first half we opnened Rovrum up but the lack of shootin was quite annoyin i thought.When Warne was makin the changes(10 players)i thought some Millers fans were invadin the pitch.UTCB

Don't think I'll ever tire of our manager telling it straight,we're being proper spoilt atm I pity the bloke who has to follow him the templates been set

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Brooksy is one of them players that put a smile on you're face when he's on't ball,or of you prefer gets bums off seats,he'll not have gr8 games all the time but he does try and make things happen in and around the oppo area.It looked bad for Moore and it's worryin but as others have mentioned Jake was excellent and made 3 or 4 very good saves and was alert and confident.A couple of years ago i thought there was little to choose between him and Rammers but Jake had a injury and Rammers then went quite along way in front of Jake.Did anyone see the fight between BLADES half way up the stand behind the goal? I thought well i've seen it all nar fightin amonsgt themselves at a friendly,and the thing was the fella doin most of the punchin looked middle aged at least,crazy behaviour in my view.On our way out of the ground several were sayin that's the worst match i've ever seen,i thought it's a friendly what do these fans expect? I thought it was competitive and anytime we played a few passes together in't first half we opnened Rovrum up but the lack of shootin was quite annoyin i thought.When Warne was makin the changes(10 players)i thought some Millers fans were invadin the pitch.UTCB
    Why not make that mass switch at half time,it was quite a bizarre site swopping virtually all the team wasnt it?

Who was the big lad,number 24 ?,when him and Stearman ran into each other again i feared for another injury

Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    Why not make that mass switch at half time,it was quite a bizarre site swopping virtually all the team wasnt it?

Who was the big lad,number 24 ?,when him and Stearman ran into each other again i feared for another injury
    Keifer Moore,a new signing.They looked to go direct i thought but even tho it was only a friendly i thought they looked ok as a side,very much up and at em type,i think they'll do ok next season and i hope they do.UTCB

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast