+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Rovrum

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Brooksy is one of them players that put a smile on you're face when he's on't ball,or of you prefer gets bums off seats,he'll not have gr8 games all the time but he does try and make things happen in and around the oppo area.It looked bad for Moore and it's worryin but as others have mentioned Jake was excellent and made 3 or 4 very good saves and was alert and confident.A couple of years ago i thought there was little to choose between him and Rammers but Jake had a injury and Rammers then went quite along way in front of Jake.Did anyone see the fight between BLADES half way up the stand behind the goal? I thought well i've seen it all nar fightin amonsgt themselves at a friendly,and the thing was the fella doin most of the punchin looked middle aged at least,crazy behaviour in my view.On our way out of the ground several were sayin that's the worst match i've ever seen,i thought it's a friendly what do these fans expect? I thought it was competitive and anytime we played a few passes together in't first half we opnened Rovrum up but the lack of shootin was quite annoyin i thought.When Warne was makin the changes(10 players)i thought some Millers fans were invadin the pitch.UTCB
    Do you think young Jake would be good enough as backup if Moore it fit Rod?

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    If you had asked me after the other night at Matlock then no,but also he wasnt alone in being below standard ,yet after last night yes,the boy did great

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    As ya probably know Gray i'm very pro on our academy lads but in all honesty i don't think so.We needed a keeper before Moore's injury, dependin on how long Moore's out we now are desperate for one possibly 2,it's very difficult to think Jake would be good/experienced enuff back up for the whole season but he certainly played well last night.It's a tricky one cos alot of us want to see our young uns get a chance but then when push comes to shove i'm callin for more experienced cover.If Brooksy's still here on openin day he MUST be in the squad in my opinion. UTCB

Stearman worried me last night. Didn't look at all comfortable, not good on the ball, won nothing in the air and dives into challenges. He'll not be starting in front of Jake Wright on that first half performance. Early days I know, but first impressions and all that.

Keifer Moore,a new signing.They looked to go direct i thought but even tho it was only a friendly i thought they looked ok as a side,very much up and at em type,i think they'll do ok next season and i hope they do.UTCB
    Keifer Moore is on loan from Ipswich and was a big handful. Hardly lost a header when challanged by Stearman. Seems to have that ability with his timing and looks like he can stay in the air a fraction of a second more than anyone else, a bit like Kevin Davies could

I didn't think there was a lot between the two sides. We were a bit slicker with our passing, but lacked in the final third

I'm sure CW sees what's not quite right and last nights interview on SSN was the first time I sensed a little concern in his tone when talking about the squad and the need to get his targets over the line

Quote Originally Posted by blades58 View Post
    Keifer Moore is on loan from Ipswich and was a big handful. Hardly lost a header when challanged by Stearman. Seems to have that ability with his timing and looks like he can stay in the air a fraction of a second more than anyone else, a bit like Kevin Davies could

I didn't think there was a lot between the two sides. We were a bit slicker with our passing, but lacked in the final third

I'm sure CW sees what's not quite right and last nights interview on SSN was the first time I sensed a little concern in his tone when talking about the squad and the need to get his targets over the line
    Did ya see that tackle that Bash made in't first half when their lad was clean through? It was absolute quality and he came out wi the ball as a bonus.I wonder if the ref wudda sent him off he'd mistimed it tho,wi it bein a friendly? I thought it was a decent game for a friendly and i agree there was little to choose between the sides.I was disapointed wi my man Flecky,Coutts and Carruthers in midfield and Lafferty,Freeman wasn't gr8 wi his passin/crossin either.I thought Lavery was the best of the 3 strikers used,he looked very busy but again the man who made the difference to our attackin was BROOKSY,i suggest anyone who aint seen much of him gets to the Stoke game or defo the early season laegue games cos unfortunately i think his sale is bound to happen.UTCB

Did ya see that tackle that Bash made in't first half when their lad was clean through? It was absolute quality and he came out wi the ball as a bonus.I wonder if the ref wudda sent him off he'd mistimed it tho,wi it bein a friendly? I thought it was a decent game for a friendly and i agree there was little to choose between the sides.I was disapointed wi my man Flecky,Coutts and Carruthers in midfield and Lafferty,Freeman wasn't gr8 wi his passin/crossin either.I thought Lavery was the best of the 3 strikers used,he looked very busy but again the man who made the difference to our attackin was BROOKSY,i suggest anyone who aint seen much of him gets to the Stoke game or defo the early season laegue games cos unfortunately i think his sale is bound to happen.UTCB
    Bash has started where he left off last season Rod. MOM for me apart from the boy wonder setting both goals up. Magic at his feet that lad.

Agree with all that Rod

Too many disappointed me last night

I'm hoping it was just one of those days

Last nights goals

Skipper on goalies

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast