+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Manquillo

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post
    I bet he's a country mile better than Ty Browning
    To be fair to the new guy he was playing for Sunderland.... even Defoe turned sh*te the second half of the season.....

Quote Originally Posted by sherwoodmag View Post
    It has been revealed the reason Moyes dropped him after 22 games,there was a clause in the loan from Atletico that Sunderland would have to buy him for £9 million after 25 games.
    Apparently Rogers was happy with him at Liverpool but changed the system to a back 3.
    Here's hoping Rafa and his staff can get the best out of him.
    I saw that as well, it slightly reassured me actually.

Even if he was crap in the highlights i saw with him in the team.

But as others have said they all were. Still wouldn't have gone for him myself but he's a player Rafa wants and he clearly thinks he can get best out of him.

The mere fact that at the time his fee was 9 million, before this onset of double your price tag, crazy money added to it, then I'd say that this lad might just need the right break.

He could turn out to be a duffer or he could actually turn out to be a gem.
    All it takes is the right approach and the right set up to find out what he has in his entire locker.

We have the chance to sample this and to do so with little financial loss.
    It's a win win to be fair.

I think I'm the only one who actually thinks this is a shrewd signing tbh.

I didn't see him at all last season but Sunderland were really poor and as said there was reasons why he wasn't included in the 1st team after a certain number of games.

Look any player who goes through RM's youth ranks can play footy and knows the game, then he goes to AM plays regularly in their B team, goes on Loan to Liverpool and Marsaille... He's definitely got talent to be considered by all of them... Yes he was underwhelming at all of them granted.

But a top manager sees a talented young player and thinks he can get the best out of him, that's encouraging for me tbh.

He's excellent at man-managing players, especially his compatriots he made Torres, Baraja and Abelda some of the top players in Europe under his tutelage and players like Angloma, Finnan, Troare, Carboni and Torres excell in wing back roles winning leagues and European cups because of his superior use of Zonal marking.

If this lad can learn then I've got no doubt in my mind that he'll produce the goods, his youth/early career shows me that he definitely has the technical/physical abilities otherwise he wouldn't have played in the Madrid's youth teams.

Ignore the scum fans taking the piss, some of it will be true, they can only see what's in front of them tbh, but we don't have Moyes in charge, we don't have their tin-pot formation and ****e team neither.

In my opinion this is a good signing and I think rather than necessarily taking Yedlins place, this lad could well be challenging Dummet for a starting place and that's certainly a good thing.

HTL.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    The mere fact that at the time his fee was 9 million, before this onset of double your price tag, crazy money added to it, then I'd say that this lad might just need the right break.

He could turn out to be a duffer or he could actually turn out to be a gem.
    All it takes is the right approach and the right set up to find out what he has in his entire locker.

We have the chance to sample this and to do so with little financial loss.
    It's a win win to be fair.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    I saw that as well, it slightly reassured me actually.

Even if he was crap in the highlights i saw with him in the team.

But as others have said they all were. Still wouldn't have gone for him myself but he's a player Rafa wants and he clearly thinks he can get best out of him.
    .. If this is the standard of players you are signing you are likely to get relegated ..

May very well turn out to be a great signing, but it feels like a punt to me.

Quote Originally Posted by andyj73 View Post
    .. If this is the standard of players you are signing you are likely to get relegated ..
    It's a head scratcher for me.

Either Rafa sees something in him or it's an indication of his limited funds.

Quote Originally Posted by andyj73 View Post
    Just remember one thing.
    Standards of players can change tack depending on the standard of club and standard of managers they're at/under.

A player can have bags and bags of untapped talent but it stays untapped until someone turns that tap on. Some clubs just don't have the ability to open the tap and/or the player himself may not have the desire to realise his potential under such a regime.

I think Newcastle united under a manager like Benitez, coupled with the fact that Manquillo and Benitez are both Spanish, has another added bonus into the equation in terms of mental man management.

As I said earlier, this kid could be a gem and the ingredients are there this time around for him/us to realise it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    It's a head scratcher for me.

Either Rafa sees something in him or it's an indication of his limited funds.
    .. Probably signed to bulk up your squad players, in case other targets don't come off .. I'm surprised at how little you are spending .. We hardily seem to be pushing the boat out atm either mind ..

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)