+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Manquillo

Quote Originally Posted by zoggs View Post
    Let's just see how he performs for US, and not some utter sh1t sunlun team,
    Well coming season he'll be playing with players two classes higher than he's used to so that will give him a head start.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    Well coming season he'll be playing with players two classes higher than he's used to so that will give him a head start.
    Plus he will have Rafa managing him not dour dave

Quote Originally Posted by andyj73 View Post
    .. As things stand, you have a Championship squad fella .. You can do all the name calling you want but that won't change the fact ..
    you are correct
    but we have rafa

so that makes it all well

apparently

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    you are correct
    but we have rafa

so that makes it all well

apparently

Quote Originally Posted by andyj73 View Post
    .. Rafa's a manager who needs to spend to get anywhere and your squad is not as good as the one that took us down. As things stand I think you will be lucky to avoid relegation.. Still time to get a few decent players in though, but if you pay peanuts you'll get monkeys ..
    Any manager is a manager who needs to spend to get anywhere that is deemed worthy of a place in the higher echelons of football.

I think Rafa is assembling a squad that is far better than a relegation scrap.
    However, it's all pie in the sky from me and from you in how we view any of it, until the reality kicks in.

It's a simple enough thing for me.
    We start the season with what we have onboard and we tinker until the transfer window closes, if we need to.
    We soldier on until January and decide if we need to upgrade to carry us over the end of season line.

Then and only then will see see what we are dealing with in this new premier league chapter under ( in my opinion) a far better manager/man manager/coach.

Up to now I've seen massive progress in set up, throughout the club since he and his staff have been here.
    I'm of the opinion that he can not only carry this on (given the right backing) but also be the man to actually get some real silverware in the cabinet.

The mere fact that he's took us straight back up as champions is testament as to how he's done his homework on the championship and players he deemed, required.

His real tactical expertise is playing against higher quality opposition and catering for progress over time.
    For this chapter, we have to wait and see if Newcastle united are a club that he is allowed to take to the next level, with sensible backing and little hindrance.

Kolarov has just gone to Roma for the same price we paid for manquillo, he would have been a much better signing proven premier league player and international.

What did we pay for Manquillo? Thought it was undisclosed.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    What did we pay for Manquillo? Thought it was undisclosed.
    Apparently, 5 million.

Taking to a Mackem mate of mine today who is a season ticket holder. He said he watched all of the games and admittedly he was playing in a bad side. But his verdict was that he's shyte

Aye, that's it TerryMac

Why go off Rafa's judgement of a player when you can go off a mackems eh?

I'm personally going to reserve judgement until I see him in black and white not red and white like I did with Yedlin and Colback.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)