+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FAO Bulmer, JT & Blocky re bans

FAO Bulmer, JT & Blocky re bans

I don't know how to contact Mods privately (there used to be a complain button) so I thought I would put this on here. It is important to stress that it is only a suggestion for the mods to develop or reject accordingly as you see fit.

There has been much talk recently about whether certain posters should be banned.

Have you thought about operating a card system similar to that in football?

A strong or outright abuse of the guidelines sticky would result in a red card and an automatic ban of a predetermined length of time.

A less serious breach of the guidelines would lead to a yellow card. Two yellows on the same thread would result in a ban.

Any poster accumulating a certain number of yellows (5?) in a period (season?, half season?) would receive a ban again for a predetermined period (fortnight, month?).

Posters could appeal against the ban but a failed appeal would lead to a longer ban.

JT I know you are very good with IT. Could the card actually be shown to the top right of an offending post or would this breach footymad boards guidelines? If it was allowed could the yellow show the on it the number of yellows accrued to date?

Presumably as poster got nearer the yellows that led to a ban they might think twice before incurring another one?

It's only a thought and if deemed not suitable or not possible I won't be offended but I just thought I would at least suggest it to you.

I will now put my tin hat on.

Viva Bladesmad & UTB

SJH the little triangle in the bottom left corner of the post is the complaint button the footymad network already has a card system in operation which does get used on here as some posters can testify,I think it's 3 strikes and you're out,thanks for the input though it's good posters are thinking of positive ways to improve the board

My view is if you`re an annoying Pig,you deserve to be banned,to any pig who wants to converse with us,follow Leslie`s and Aussie before he had his flounce example.

Good idea SJH

How long do the strikes stay on one's record.

Quote Originally Posted by CHIPBUTTYBLADE View Post
    How long do the strikes stay on one's record.
    5 years...alternatively you can go on a BMad awareness course for £70

like it monte

Just had a look in the office not been in for a while our length of ban has a default setting of 7 days but we can choose from 1 day onwards hope this helps

With the Footymad boards, it's very much a case of we have to use the tools that are available. Development of certain features on the board is out of our hands. However, like Bully said, there is an 'Infraction' system already in place (red/yellow cards etc) ... although I haven't had a proper look at it yet.

A good example of this is the loss of the much-coveted 'Like' button ... Oh to be liked again ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    I thought TT said you were gettin Banned Monte.UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    Name:  CORBYN.jpg
Views: 455
Size:  23.7 KB

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast