+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: £40k + VAT

Quote Originally Posted by WAWAW View Post
    if they hold 10 it's good value at £100 each especially if food and drink are included.
    We did the Bradford game in the TC suite meal but no booze and nice seats £60 each was good value and of course TC was there too

The biggest problem with the Exec boxes at the Theatre of Rust is that they overlook the pitch.

To be honest, I know people with very "basic" businesses (for example - forming parts for boilers) that wouldn't bat an eyelid at that, it's loose change that is simply off-set against taxable profits. Boxes aren't meant for the fella who owns the chippy / taxi firm. I'll finish with a "different" kind of hand shake, if you get me.

But yes, £40k is a canny amount.

Pig rate per person per game works out at 40k divided by 23 games x 10 guests ie 230 = £173.91 per fan per game.

Would imagine booze will be charged after about 4 bottles of wine provided with meal.

Booked a one off box at the Lane for our silver wedding in 2003 and price was £1250 for ten of us including wine, souvenir mug , key ring, programme so pig price par for course.

Funny thing about comapny's having boxes is that the novelty soon wears off and they struggle to fill it week in, week out so, apart from the companies who use it to reward staff and enjoy it themselves, the take up over a 'normal', no promotion or chance of season, declines

As part of my job used to have 4 tickets for OT, no hospitality except access to a pay lounge/bar , they were £12,200 for the 4 in the then new North stand.

More often than not the staff used them because, apart from the high profile games, not many wanted to watch say Fulham or Swansea et al.

I used to go and sit in the car listening to Radio Sheffield whilst Manure were playing 150 yards away.
    Last edited by tomytony; 21-07-2017 at 09:26 PM.

Who wouldn't TT you're not on your own m8 football is a completely different animal to me when the blades are involved

Quote Originally Posted by sharrowboy2 View Post
    To be honest, I know people with very "basic" businesses (for example - forming parts for boilers) that wouldn't bat an eyelid at that, it's loose change that is simply off-set against taxable profits. Boxes aren't meant for the fella who owns the chippy / taxi firm. I'll finish with a "different" kind of hand shake, if you get me.

"Set off against taxable profits"

Unlike you, it's not that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Holden_C View Post
    "Set off against taxable profits"
    I was going to suggest 'Janet and John run a business' as essential reading, but after consideration, perhaps he should stick to the Beano...

Quote Originally Posted by sharrowboy2 View Post

Box? you dont even sit on the terraces you plastic tw@t.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingy Blade View Post
    We did the Bradford game in the TC suite meal but no booze and nice seats £60 each was good value and of course TC was there too
    I had a season ticket in TC Suit 02/04 when it was the Executive Suit, the outside burgundy coloured seats at the back of John Street. I think it was about £800+ a season back then and for that you got comfy leather seats, a great view, a free program and team sheet and a half-time brew or bowl of soup.

Season 02/3 in particular brings back some great memories at home and away with the Exec travel, and it is probably why I did 2003/4 as well, and it was great seeing the likes of TC, Deano, Agana, Gagey and other ex players, but to be honest wearing a suit and tie while watching United wasn't for me. The view from the Westfield is just as good IMO and there's plenty of leg room. I can manage without the half-time soup and team sheet. The brother in law and my niece and her lad still sit there though, they love it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12