+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: O/T RIP ChesterBenningtom

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Vlad's ban is a difficult one. While it's never good to see a prolific poster red carded, there is a line to draw and I don't think this is the first time Vlad has crossed it. The bloke just can't seem to control his anger if he thinks he has been insulted. If a few words from an anonymous poster can get you that worked up it's probably best he's gone for everyone's sake. For all the arguments I've been involved in I have been called far worse than I've called others. The mods have an impossible job in that they'll never please everyone, but if they let this one go it would lead to open warfare.

ps Thanks to sid - I have a close family member who suffers from depression and I've always struggled to understand why. On the face of it they have an ideal life but still the dark clouds descend regularly. I realised long ago that the 'look on the bright side' approach doesn't work, so I've ordered the book by Matt Haig sid mentioned (it's actually titled 'Reasons to stay alive') in the hope I can understand them better. Finally, sincere condolences to Grantham - you are living my worst nightmare. I can't think of anything worse than having to bury your own child. I genuinely hope you manage to come through it.
    Great book by Matt Haig, I read it every few months to remind myself how to get through everyday. Clinical depression is very difficult to understand if you don't experience it yourself and I've been told many times to just cheer up or repeatedly asked what's wrong. The answer is I don't know what's wrong or makes me feel like it, you just feel empty and numb inside. Dead really in all but movement. I take alot of medication but then some people like Matt Haig don't take any, it's all dependant on what gets you through the day the best. You get bad times though and good times so if you are dealing with someone who has depression then try not to kill them when they're doing your head in ha ha and in time they'll come out of that bad patch. True they might go into one again at any time but believe me when I say our support networks are our lifeline even if it might not seem like it sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    "Political correctness" and "freedom of expression", Altypie playing his own game of idiot bingo here.

Vlad is perfectly entitled to go and start his own messageboard and call recently bereaved people whatever names he likes with impunity. It's just the people who moderate here don't think it's acceptable for this board.

FWIW, I don't think posters should be banned either. The likes of Vlad, Thicky and Tarquin show themselves up for the type of people they are virtually every time they post.
    All of the above have right-of-centre views of course which you have no tolerance of on here. Ban 'em all and the rest of you can have OT Leftie-love-ins and nod agreement with each other for two pages (two if you're lucky)

Quote Originally Posted by dam617 View Post
    All of the above have right-of-centre views of course which you have no tolerance of on here. Ban 'em all and the rest of you can have OT Leftie-love-ins and nod agreement with each other for two pages (two if you're lucky)
    Which is why I try to stay off political threads,even on football topics it spills over & people tend to react to the poster rather than the post, it sticks out like a sore thumb that some posters would not agree with others at any cost purely because they don't agree with their political stance.

Oh you are a bleeding heart, aren't you, Dam?
    No one is asking for a ban because a poster's views are right, left, centre or raving loony.
    What is your evidence that those on the left have no TOLERANCE of right-wing views? Of course, they argue against them but I have never seen a request to ban anyone on those grounds.
    Vlad and one or two others (Oxlong especially) are very threatening posters. If he is that intolerant of having the pee taken in real life I'd like to bet he's been in a few scrapes (all of which he won, of course).
    As previously said: attack the post NOT the poster. If we all stuck to that, there would be minimal aggro.

If you're not happy with the way this board functions, why don't you go and post on your own?

Obviously I said in the above post "...I don't think posters should be banned". I've changed my mind though. I now definitely would ban Forest supporting simpletons who can't effing read.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Obviously I said in the above post "...I don't think posters should be banned". I've changed my mind though. I now definitely would ban Forest supporting simpletons who can't effing read.
    As sure as day follows night. You and Elite should share a phone box.

As sure as day follows night. You and Elite should share a phone box.
    All the posters on Forest MAD could share a phone box and still have room to move freely.

You used to post on there, what made you abandon it?

What a load of nonsense, on nearly every OT thread the right posters ALWAYS gang up together especially Vlad, Tricky and Tarkers often shouting down any opposition with verbal abuse. It came to the point I avoided OT threads as there was no point anymore as a sensible debate is beyond the above without resorting to verbals. Then the one thread Vlad gets told about himself (AFTER calling a bereaved parent a prick and numerous deleted posts) and all his little buddies start standing on their desks like dead poets society over him.

There's nothing worse than bullies who cry like babies when they get abit back.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213