+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PNE V Clarets

Tom Anderson seems to have been around forever OC, he was captain of the team that got to the semi-finals of the Youth Cup 5/6 years ago, he's been farmed out on loan to a whole succession of non-league and lower division clubs, and has been a regular in pre- season friendlies for the past 4/5 seasons. Apparently Sean does rate him, which is presumably why he's still here, but clearly not enough to put him in the first team squad. I'm amazed he's still here, at his age he'll be the classic example of a slow-burner if he makes it with us now.

We have not had to throw him in at the deep end sinkov and think that has helped ease him along.

A Spireite supporting mate of mine really rates young Anderson and believes he can go all the way.

I hope so because it would reward all of the hard work we have been throwing at youth development.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    We have not had to throw him in at the deep end sinkov and think that has helped ease him along.
    A Spireite supporting mate of mine really rates young Anderson and believes he can go all the way.
    I hope so because it would reward all of the hard work we have been throwing at youth development.
    I don't think it can have helped that we're now in the PL, that's another huge step up he has to make, but he's 24 in just over a month, he's years out of our youth system now, at his age his level should be apparent. I'm not knocking him, he may well be an excellent centre-half for Chesterfield, but we're in the PL. Just how long can we give him ?

Just for interest 'young Anderson' is only ten months younger than Tarko, he's not that young anymore in pro football terms.
    Last edited by sinkov; 26-07-2017 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Well I expected a few attenders to be posting. My phone expired so I couldn't do an online effort.

Burnley team surprised me missing a few big names

I Heaton, Lowton, Taylor, Anderson, K Long, Brady, Gudmundsson, Westwood, Cork, Walters, Vokes.

It was a good game with both sides having chances, them at the start and after 15 mins it was mostly all Burnley. Walters got one from a Brady Free kick to go in 1-0 up at half time and Nick Pope took over at half time from Tom. We had them under control scoring a second from a Brady Corner for Kevin Long to score until the substitutions.
    on 70 mins Defour came on to chants of his name, only to be robbed and for them to score in the next minute. Thereafter PNE had more shots and came close a few times. We brought on Mee and Ward then Andre got 10 mins and Daniel 7 or so. Daniel did get a deflected shot just past the post and we also hit the post.
    Vokes and Hendrick got booked

A nice touch twice.
    NIck Pope came over at the end to present a girl he hit full in the face with a red blooded shot (near to us behind the goal in the warm up) with his shirt and a Burnley kit, he had also come over into the crowd when he did it before the game started to fans applause, and stayed for selfies and autographs so well done Nick. Pity a few more players didn't come over at the end too.

Tom Anderson was new to me and his number 34 wasn't on the programme so I've only just found out who he was. He got the full 90 so maybe he impressed Sean - he impressed me. There were around 5600 there and it looked like we had as many as them, despite the ticket chaos.

The grandchildren enjoyed it, though they had run out of coke and hot dogs by the time we made it to the counter!
    Official crowd 5633 with 1755 Burnley fans so not a bad crowd for a pre season friendly and happy with pre season so far and introduction of Maguire which we have all been waiting for. How has your pre-season been and do you feel enough business has been done in prep for your 2nd season in the Prem

Hi Gards, not heard from you for a while, have you been working on your tan ?

Pre season as we know is get fit time, as for recruitments some feel we have enough and a minority like me don't think so, so if we stay with what we have now I see another struggle.

Hope all is well with yourself and family.

Quote Originally Posted by gardsPNE View Post
    Official crowd 5633 with 1755 Burnley fans so not a bad crowd for a pre season friendly and happy with pre season so far and introduction of Maguire which we have all been waiting for. How has your pre-season been and do you feel enough business has been done in prep for your 2nd season in the Prem
    Gards Nice to hear from you. I thought both teams did well and produced an entertaining game. We had control after the first 15 mins when you were on top. Once we got lots of subs on we lost our way a bit but your new signings looked sharp. I think you will have a good season and hope Alex Neill works his magic again and we get back a local derby game in the top flight.

I think we have done enough to maintain our level, but we need to aim higher and Sean has himself said he needs a couple more players. For this time of year we have done well as we usually get them in at the last minute. I expect us to pull a rabbit or two out the hat, and if Andre goes maybe another.

I forgot to mention that Ashley Barnes also got booked in the game. I understand these do not count in the PL but a red card does.

Im looking forward to this match, the Nobbers v the Dingles. When is it being played ?
    We won at Rochdale the other night (at whatever they are trying to call Spotland these days), and mad Keef the clown went off on one about playing too much DIY football. What a pratt.

You missed it acido.
    Congrats on the win.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    You missed it acido. Congrats on the win.
    Tahh kid.
    Im interested to see how the Nobbers do this season without Larry, and especially now that one of our former players Alex Neill now manages them.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Tahh kid.
    Im interested to see how the Nobbers do this season without Larry, and especially now that one of our former players Alex Neill now manages them.
    What are your thoughts on Alex, Acido ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)