+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Simon wants Rob

Simon wants Rob

Rumour has it Simon Grayson wants Rob Green as his number one goalkeeper at Sunderland due to Pickford and Mannone leaving.

That would then mean Felix Wiedwald would be guaranteed number one at Leeds with BPF on bench and maybe cup games.

What are folks thoughts on that, if green at his age can't be guaranteed games, I'd have to understand it if he left 🙁

Green should start season as our No1; he got better as the season progressed last year and has done nothing to suggest he should be benched. Wiedwald needs to prove that he should be first choice rather than getting there by default.

Quote Originally Posted by CLIVETHELEEDSFAN View Post
    Rumour has it Simon Grayson wants Rob Green as his number one goalkeeper at Sunderland due to Pickford and Mannone leaving.

That would then mean Felix Wiedwald would be guaranteed number one at Leeds with BPF on bench and maybe cup games.

What are folks thoughts on that, if green at his age can't be guaranteed games, I'd have to understand it if he left 🙁
    In-f00kng-sanity if we end up with Wiedwald and BFG ad 1 & 2.

Hey I don't want green to leave but do you really think the first choice gk of a team who finished top half of the German first division has come to a club in the top half of the English second division to be on the bench, he ain't been signed for that, and how is he meant to prove that he is better than green of he does end up on the bench, only first team competitive games can show whether Wiedwald is good enough or not, personally I'd start with Green, but I ain't the head coach

Quote Originally Posted by CLIVETHELEEDSFAN View Post
    Hey I don't want green to leave but do you really think the first choice gk of a team who finished top half of the German first division has come to a club in the top half of the English second division to be on the bench, he ain't been signed for that, and how is he meant to prove that he is better than green of he does end up on the bench, only first team competitive games can show whether Wiedwald is good enough or not, personally I'd start with Green, but I ain't the head coach
    Which is why the decision to sign him in the first place was f00king stupid (if there was any intention to keep Green). And as there clearly isn't, then that is f00king stupid too.

As for Wiedwald performances, look at the statistics, they were like a sieve and that can't all be down to poor defending.

You don't win games by keeping clean sheets, but you sure can lose em if you don't.

So, WTF thinks we should blindly tick along with a GK in his 38th year without any provision for the future "decision to sign him in the first place was f00king stupid ".
    Good signing IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Which is why the decision to sign him in the first place was f00king stupid (if there was any intention to keep Green). And as there clearly isn't, then that is f00king stupid too.

As for Wiedwald performances, look at the statistics, they were like a sieve and that can't all be down to poor defending.

You don't win games by keeping clean sheets, but you sure can lose em if you don't.
    Green conceded 73 goals in his during his time with QPR In the premier league in a season they got relegated. Does that make him now a bad keeper?

Wiedwald might have had a dodgy defence in front of him, he seemed why he only got 5 clean sheets, unless someone saw him regular, we shouldn't criticise him, he wasn't at fault for BMs goal

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)