+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Our team for the match at Bristol City

Anything can happen , new squad , time to blend etc , we will have a good idea of where we might be after the first ten games or so !! Do we still have that surprise element ? I hope so , going to be hard , I think we will do well , top ten finish , maybe playoffs, if and when Fletcher signs ? Possibly promotion !! Sounds daft I know considering all the changes , a big statement will be sent out if we eventually get Fletch to join us , whatever his wage may be pay it , a big percentage of that cost would show on the turnstyles , be brave and go for it , we may not get a better chance ,

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Heres a name off the top of my head.... Nick Powell at Wigan!
    (the bloke who scored an 11 minute hat trick against us, and who also used to present Calendar tv lol).

What we've got here with the kid Ugbo is a '1 season wonder' at best. If he flops then no problem, but if he does well then Chelski add another million onto his transfer fee and he forgets where Barnsley and Yorkshire are etc.

And as for Ashley Fletcher coming back here again on loan..... come on guys, seriously ?
    (despite some fans claiming to have good sources etc, who ever really thought this was going to happen!)
    Good sources ? Surely if an experienced former fans favourite enlightens you on a possible new signing ! And still at the club too !!! It's 75/25 right , we will see eventually , i've only passed on info that came my way , other clubs would also see him as a good signing , i still think he will come to us , GG will hopefully sort it

Roma... if this Fletcher deal works out for us then I think it will be fantastic, and you will deserve credit for suggesting it when you did.

But the current idea is that hes NOT coming here, and that hes probably never given a seconds thought about us since the loan deal ended.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Roma... if this Fletcher deal works out for us then I think it will be fantastic, and you will deserve credit for suggesting it when you did.

But the current idea is that hes NOT coming here, and that hes probably never given a seconds thought about us since the loan deal ended.

Bit of a bold assumption Acido. Maybe you underestimate the impact hecky and the club made on young Fletcher. You don't be part of something that special, score twice at Wembley and just forget it, especially when you consider that he's had a pretty dour season at West Ham. Maybe the lad is yearning to get regular 1st team action? He'll definitely get it here and still get his precious premier lg wages too. It's certainly not beyond the realms of possibility so I'll reserve judgement

Who knows what the team will be for Bristol. To tell the truth i don't think Hecky does at this moment. He knows the pre season games are about trying to give players 90 mins. We have totally revamped the team so in all honesty i don't expect a great start to the season. I think we may take while Christmas to click realistically. Either that or we hit it off straight away. I'm preparing for a tough ride*myself and a fair few teething problems, once we get into our stride we may be ok.

i trust hecky, i think he has a good head on him, going to be really lucky getting all these players to gel quickly and i just cant see it happening. tall order creating pretty much a new team at this level comprising the best and brightest of the lower leagues. lets face it, we should go down. look at the league this year, we got teams spending millions on players, Bristol spent 5 an alf mill on one player! with our resources its heart attack time finding out we spent a million on mcgeehan, who i am yet to see. its not impossible i havent given up before a balls been kicked, just saying according to form, resources and ambition (realistic ambition), we going to be down there or thereabouts. last year we done most the point scoring up top, probably momentum as a lot of the side was the same what came up. we do not have momentum this year, end of last season were bit of a shame, still playing good football but not getting the wins, i would be happy first game wi a win however it comes.

Team if still here Davies, Yiadom Jackson Macdonald Fryers Isgrove mowatt moncur mallan D'Almeida Bradders up top. thats probably the most experienced team we got.

i hope the new kids as good as little joshy was. heartbreakin him going, 11 lions like him playing for us and we win, everything.

Quote Originally Posted by bankendbfc View Post
    i trust hecky, i think he has a good head on him, going to be really lucky getting all these players to gel quickly and i just cant see it happening. tall order creating pretty much a new team at this level comprising the best and brightest of the lower leagues. lets face it, we should go down. look at the league this year, we got teams spending millions on players, Bristol spent 5 an alf mill on one player! with our resources its heart attack time finding out we spent a million on mcgeehan, who i am yet to see. its not impossible i havent given up before a balls been kicked, just saying according to form, resources and ambition (realistic ambition), we going to be down there or thereabouts. last year we done most the point scoring up top, probably momentum as a lot of the side was the same what came up. we do not have momentum this year, end of last season were bit of a shame, still playing good football but not getting the wins, i would be happy first game wi a win however it comes.

Team if still here Davies, Yiadom Jackson Macdonald Fryers Isgrove mowatt moncur mallan D'Almeida Bradders up top. thats probably the most experienced team we got.

i hope the new kids as good as little joshy was. heartbreakin him going, 11 lions like him playing for us and we win, everything.
    Good post bankend pretty much echoes my own thoughts .

Pretty much agree with your team selection for the Bristol opener other than I'd give one of the new centre backs a go alongside Macdonald , I don't rate Jackson personally and I'd start with Hammill instead of Mallan on the basis he's our most experienced player and its his shirt to lose if he doesn't do the business , he knows the score by now .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 22-07-2017 at 08:04 AM.

Mallans got be in the team for me, even if he turned up 21 stone and smellin of gin. i reckon from dead balls the kid could be ***** for us this season, i love Hammill to bits, and your bang on he does now become one of the "old heads", at what 29?! in that case, keep everyone happy hammill starts on the wing, and its mowatt getting splinters in his posteria instead. sorry Alex.

over course of a season i imagine they will all get their chance anyway and we'll find out then. i feel it could be a right good standard this season, so these loans of these nippers, we need get lucky wi em.

"Turned up 21 stone and smelling of gin"

As tha heard/ seen summat rarnd weer he lives ?

no no no, just making the point, he can hit a dead ball compliments of youtube, because scottish footballs seen as a bit of a joke by some, they might not fancy mallan on that basis, now watch these free kicks he scores, championship keepers wont get near em either, so i reckon he is going to be good this season, pinged one in the other day dint e?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast