+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tonight's game

Tonight's game

Know there's a thread up but this is about the game tonight not personal vendetta's.

Da Ball 2nd half best of the newcomers. Didn't reckon anything to the Ipswich pair Emmanual & Moore. No width. Taylor on the left, haven't we learned anything from last season. Need another midfield player. Vaulks is still our best Right back at the club. Better when Newell & JCH came on.

Sorry gwru and any who had to read that other post

Thought we played ok. I think our substitutes all lining up distracted our players for the first goal for them.

Usual story though we didnt put the ball in the net when we should have. We still need that goal scorer. Other usual story was FIsher wrong side of man for their second goal.

I was impressed with Yates when he came on and he took his goal well. I would certainly play him in front of JCH who did nowt again.

I try and keep away from friendlies myself , not worth the money and you can look too deep into something that's basically a kick a bout .

I went over to then 4th tier Wigan for the last friendly before the season started .

We couldn't string two passes together , the players looked unfit and way way off the pace , we ended up drawing 1-1 with a scuffed equaliser after Wigan made 7 changes .

We started the season with 6 wins out of 7 and got promoted to the PL .

Friendlies are for players to develop fitness and understanding and for the manager to assess personnel and try differing formations and tactics. Provided Warne is prepared to learn and to implement change where and when demanded I don't care what the score is, that's totally irrelevant in the wider scheme of things. Hopefully tonight has moved us a few steps closer to having all the pieces in place come 5 August.

(But if Warne was to ask my advice I'd tell him we're only lacking a proven goalscorer, a strong combative midfielder, a versatile, experienced defender, mid to late 20s, and a goalkeeper to compete with O'Donnell )

You forgot the experienced right back and tricky right winger.

Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    Know there's a thread up but this is about the game tonight not personal vendetta's.

Da Ball 2nd half best of the newcomers. Didn't reckon anything to the Ipswich pair Emmanual & Moore. No width. Taylor on the left, haven't we learned anything from last season. Need another midfield player. Vaulks is still our best Right back at the club. Better when Newell & JCH came on.
    gwru,Kempos post says more or less what you have said,if you think JCH is any good then god help us,it's time to get rid we have wasted enough time on him.Its a kick up the arse he wants & for him to stop thinking ease a great player because he ain't.Its been said we have done recruiting for now,we need a least 3 new players so why have we stopped recruiting it does not make sense with our competitive budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    gwru,Kempos post says more or less what you have said,if you think JCH is any good then god help us,it's time to get rid we have wasted enough time on him.Its a kick up the arse he wants & for him to stop thinking ease a great player because he ain't.Its been said we have done recruiting for now,we need a least 3 new players so why have we stopped recruiting it does not make sense with our competitive budget.
    Might be saying basically same as Kempo but at least I went to form a judgement. JCH got ability, he'll come good when league season starts. Warney says he'll only bring players in to improve us. Da Ball was the only newcomer I saw with something. Emmanual & Moore, can we send them back. Mcarthy doesn't get rid of players who are any good. Vaulks has got to play Right back, best in that position easily we have at the club. Need a midfield player in. Play players on there natural side. Taylor on the left when we have Newell. Bailey-King not to be seen when same as last season we have no proper wide men.

Warney post match. Moore was a handful. Must have gone to a different game. Can see his team consisting of non-goalscorers. Players out of position ie Taylor on the left. Mcarthy, Warney not got the bottle to say if they are not good enough I'm not picking them.

Thought David Ball looked the best out of the new bunch, he's an intelligent player who reads the game well and knows how to position himself well especially just behind the striker where he's got the vision and ability to slip a through ball in to the striker.

Thought Moore looked ok in patches, he made a great run in the 2nd half off a David Ball through pass but really should score if we has any goal scoring ability. He won a few headers as well but ball control looked a bit naff at times so i'm undecided on him atm.

Thought Emmanuel was solid, didn't look anything special but at the same time he looked comfortable.

Ihiekwe looked decent at times as well, put some good tackles in and always got his head up looking for a decent pass which is what i like about defenders instead of just a lump up field without looking.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast