+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hamilton v Qos

We only have two players who can score goals in the whole team, Lyle and Dobbie. Teams playing against us its so easy, just man mark Dobbie, take him out of the game and its just about guaranteed we wont score.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    I was keeping you a seat warm.
    Thanks for that.

Quote Originally Posted by louisxiv View Post
    £19.40 by my calculation mate.
    You are so correct.

Quote Originally Posted by deek5trans View Post
    We only have two players who can score goals in the whole team, Lyle and Dobbie. Teams playing against us its so easy, just man mark Dobbie, take him out of the game and its just about guaranteed we wont score.
    This is a major concern for me Deek . We desperately need extra players and I'm hopeful the club will give Naysmith funds to do so . We were pretty solid yesterday but can't rely on Dobs every week

Quote Originally Posted by palmylad View Post
    This is a major concern for me Deek . We desperately need extra players and I'm hopeful the club will give Naysmith funds to do so . We were pretty solid yesterday but can't rely on Dobs every week
    it is quite evident that we are light in midfield and especially so up front. We are far too reliant upon Dobbie and this beggars the question as to why Hilson was released and he simply has not been replaced. As for the club making funds available that is assuming that these are there in the first place. It looks to me that at this stage that Naysmith will rely upon loan signing and that will be fine providing the right calibre of player is made available as I don't see many free players out there now as the decent ones have been fixed up already. Fingers crossed but I do believe that the season now depends upon new players coming in very soon or it will be a very long campaign ahead of us all.

This is a one of for JRS. I haven't given up on Queens, JRS, even though I have given up on this site which is now a pale imitation of what it once was. Perhaps the time has come quietly to close it down and let us remember it as the vibrant, informative, knowledgeable and controversial site it once was. After acquiring a very unimpressive four points and a goal difference of +2 against a team in a lower league and a non-league team I travelled to Hamilton yesterday expecting Accies to win comfortably. That they did not is simply a reflection of how appalling bad they are. Yesterday we had eighty eight minutes of unmitigated rubbish followed by two goals in a minute and a penalty shoot-out that we contrived to lose from a strong winning position.
    There can be no doubt that Hamilton's fans have more cause for concern than we have. After all, they are Premier League side. They retained that Premier League status by the skin of their teeth last season. I suggest it will take nothing short of a miracle to save them this season. Indeed, I would not bet good money on that team surviving in the Championship.
    Where does that leave us? Martin and Dobbie performed well. I shudder to think where we would be without Stephen Dobbie. Will Lyndon Dykes make a player? Not before hell freezes over and I wouldn't like to speculate beyond that. Of the wide players, Murray and Stirling, it is difficult to decide which was the more ineffective but that "accolade" probably goes to Stirling by a short head. John Rankin has proved to be a poor acquisition and Kyle Jacobs runs him a close second. As for the back four, the only association they have with the game of football is they can kick a ball. They have no finesse, no ball skills: their only skill, if it be a skill, is aimlessly to hoof the ball as far down the field as they possibly can.
    I expressed reservations about Gary Naysmith when he was appointed particularly as an informant at East Fife told me that the consensus of opinion at Methil was that our loss was their gain. Does anyone still doubt that he is just another off the conveyor belt of ex-footballers turning to management without any particular aptitude or skill for it? Here today, gone tomorrow: climb back on the conveyor belt when found out and hope for another gullible club.
    What are our prospects for this season? With the current playing staff bottom six is a certainty and bottom three a possibility. There is clearly another long, hard season ahead and we may yet be grateful to have Dumbarton and Brechin City in the Championship.
    Oh well, back in my box, close the lid and resume my slumbers.
    Last edited by QOS_MAD_ADMIN; 24-07-2017 at 05:45 PM.

What a nasty & bitter little man you are Cresswell.
    Welcome back

Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn View Post
    What a nasty & bitter little man you are Cresswell.
    Welcome back
    What I can not understand is just why Cresswell travelled to New Douglas park fully expecting Accies to win comfortably. Bizarre to say the very least unless he delights in seeing the Queens lose which could be the case going by his comments.

I must be mistaken as I thought we had just got a 90 minute draw at an SPL club . Remember life isn't a rehearsal auld yin and better to use your time doing something you enjoy than not. Strangely enough , it's good to hear from you .

JR - I would like to see Ross Fergusson partnering Dobbie; - he could be a great foil for the maestro and at 6 foot 2 he could cause a few problems himself with a good turn of pace.

Give the lad an hour and then stick on Lyle for the final 30 minutes.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)