+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hamilton v Qos

Hamilton v Qos

This game makes or breaks whether we progress or not. I fancy us to beat Albion anyway but firstly we need to do something tomorrow. Queens didn't get started for an hour last Tues and this has been a trend going on for a few seasons now . East Kilbride got battered for the last half hour and somehow kept a clean sheet. I didn't really think Queens could play better ( in the last 30) without scoring so I was a bit disappointed in some reactions. What we can definitely do is up the ante earlier as opposed to running out of time. Positive from the other night for me is that we have a player in Connor Murray. Let's be patient with him though and we will get the rewards . Rooney looks raw but has a great attitude and willingness to get forward . Let's encourage the young 20 year old man . I am going tomorrow but fear Tues night has knee- capped us in progressing to next stage . Hope I'm wrong
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 21-07-2017 at 11:05 PM.

As you say JR this effectively is a must win game if we are to progress to the more lucrative next stages so it will be important that the players give everything and leave nothing out there. I agree with the ridiculous negativity that followed the EK game because if we had won by 3 or 4 as we deserved to do then people would have said that it was nothing more than what was expected. Positivity from the start is what is required against Hamilton and if we get beat by a superior side then so be it providing we give it our best shot. Knowing Queens I would not be surprised if we win today. Mon the South!

From Hamilton FC website

On Saturday we host Queen of the South in our second game of the group stage in the Betfred League Cup.

Normal 3pm kick off at The Superseal at NDP. Admission is reduced to Adults £10, u18s & over 65s £5. Season tickets are not valid for this game.

Visiting fans enter via North Stand turnstiles 10-12, home fans main Stand turnstiles 1-6 as normal.

New recruit Xavier Tomas has received international clearance and is added to the squad for the game. Goalkeeper Ryan Fulton hasn’t yet received his clearance but won’t be involved tomorrow anyway.

Ioannis Skondras is back up to fitness and he is included after missing out last week. David Templeton is also included.

After our 3-1 victory against Lowland League side East Kilbride last Saturday, EK went on to draw with Queen’s at Dumfries on Tuesday, winning the bonus point on penalties. This after QotS had won 3-1 at Stenhousemuir in their opening fixture last Saturday.

Queen’s have ex Accies Alan Martin & Derek Lyle, and former youth player Callum Tapping in their squad.

Can we again remind all spectators that ground regulations have to be adhered to. This comes after we have been reported for again letting off pyrotechnics at last week’s match. Those concerned and identified are receiving stadium bans, or dealt with by the Police as appropriate.

My main worry about today is we can't change thing too much due to our squad size . Maybe Sandra Brown could ask the gaffer if funds are still available to strengthen the squad or not . Put end end to all these rumours doing the rounds

I'm surprised by the lack of podcasts after the midweek draw and penalties defeat.

Looking forward to today to a stadium that I have not been to in over 3 years as I last time we played them were in Jan 2014 which we lost and in all my times that I have been to this ground I am yet to see Queens win there so that will have to change today if we want to get out of the group.

Return by train from Ayrshire to Hamilton is £9.40 and a tenner to get in.

Mercer and Dykes in for Rooney and Lyle....

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    Return by train from Ayrshire to Hamilton is £9.40 and a tenner to get in.
    Why didn't you get it then ?

Despair to joy to even better joy to despair again. Two nil up in pen shoot out and we still can't win it. We can finish with a maximum of 8 points if we beat Albion Rovers but I don't think it will be enough. We are currently 6th ranked in the ' second top table' with the top 4 going through.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)