+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Old posters.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernRock View Post
    Yeah it is pathetic no doubt about that, but like it says in my last post if you care you read it properly it's not about acting hard or wanting hassle or "fighting", it's about being willing to stand behind what you say instead of sitting behind a computer screen... There's a fair few act's that have been passed to make people culpable for what they say offensively to people (I've never said anything bad about anyones family even though I had that and I've never been racist) I've just retaliated to being wound up tbf so at the end of the day if someone has got the balls to type something on the internet then they should be prepared to say it to someone's face like a man if they're being insulting/brave, it's not about footy, people want to get personal because they can't talk about the subject in hand, I clearly want to post about the subject I'm typing about...

I've never had a problem with anyone who's debated/argued with me about footy, that's what a forum's about, but like I say if people wanted to get personally then I'm saying shut up and talk about footy otherwise deal with what's real tbh. I usually found people couldn't counter my argument about football subjects so they diverted an argument into something else, boring tbh and not something I'm going to be participating in this time around. I've got no problem with anyone on here personally because I don't know anyone so it means nothing to me. The only person I ever regret having an argument with was Bill because he's an older bloke who managed to wind me up and I should have known better/shown more respect tbh but meh it's the internet ffs.

Anyway I'm over-explaining myself to someone who's openly stated that they don't read my posts so I'll leave it at that mate.

I come on here to talk about football and Newcastle, so if anyone wants to argue about anything other than then I've got no interest at all but if someone want's to argue with me about my views on United, I'm happy to do that any day of the week.
    I regretted that period too NorthernRock and I don't even remember how it began or how it escalated because when you first began posting under the Boxer name (and I didn't realise it was you as the new NorthernRock) we had some good chats and banter and got on quite well.

I know I didn't purposely set out to wind you up but we must have had some serious difference of opinion at that time and it obviously got out of hand.

Anyway, all water under the bridge now and as you say the bottom line is that we are all Toon supporters with the common aim of club and team success so let's all get on with it from here.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    I regretted that period too NorthernRock and I don't even remember how it began or how it escalated because when you first began posting under the Boxer name (and I didn't realise it was you as the new NorthernRock) we had some good chats and banter and got on quite well.

I know I didn't purposely set out to wind you up but we must have had some serious difference of opinion at that time and it obviously got out of hand.

Anyway, all water under the bridge now and as you say the bottom line is that we are all Toon supporters with the common aim of club and team success so let's all get on with it from here.
    Boxer knew Jack Shyte about football but I take my hat off to him. He was the finest keyboard warrior this board has ever seen, fingertips of steel.

I had some good craic with him but return of the new Boxer seems more like a wolf in sheeps clothing to me.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherTerryMac View Post
    Boxer knew Jack Shyte about football but I take my hat off to him. He was the finest keyboard warrior this board has ever seen, fingertips of steel.

I had some good craic with him but return of the new Boxer seems more like a wolf in sheeps clothing to me.
    OK then

I think I talk sense about most things footy related tbh, I know a fair bit so I'd love you to prove I know jack ****e TerryMac, I think you'd fail tbh mate...

Opinions are like arseholes though after all though eh

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post

Yeah I think because I was looking at things differently from most I was seen as some sort of arse licker (I suppose it does look like that when you've got a certain opinion that's why I always try and look at both sides) when in fact I was just trying to give a different perspective on things and how we were going about doing it, there was definitely points from both sides that were valid but ultimitely I wanted to support the team instead of investing in directing negativity towards the club (i'm not saying people pissed off weren't supporting) but it created a really negative stagnant environment at the club from both sides tbh... Thankfully the silver lining was a top class manager and a change in direction regarding recruitment and running of the club.

Hopefully he's learnt from his mistakes, I prefer to concentrate on the manager which we're now afforded to do since Rafa's been given full control... MA is just an investor/budget provider to me now, which is how it should be in my opinion, hopefully, as Rafa says, he keeps his word and doesn't **** things up mate.

Yeah no hard feelings at all Bill, it words on a screen at the end of the day and you've been connected to the club a long time so I've always got time to listen to those opinions.

OK then

I think I talk sense about most things footy related tbh, I know a fair bit so I'd love you to prove I know jack ****e TerryMac, I think you'd fail tbh mate...

Opinions are like arseholes though after all though eh
    Aye your not wrong about opinions mate everyone has one and if they were all the same it would be pointless having a forum.

I think everyone on here including pboro would love to have a successful team challenging fir honours

My fear is that The Fat Controller and his henchman Chumly will step in and phuck things up which is usually par for the course. It will be interesting to see what kind of team Rafa fields in the cup games as realistically that is the only hope we have of winning anything.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherTerryMac View Post
    Aye your not wrong about opinions mate everyone has one and if they were all the same it would be pointless having a forum.

I think everyone on here including pboro would love to have a successful team challenging fir honours

My fear is that The Fat Controller and his henchman Chumly will step in and phuck things up which is usually par for the course. It will be interesting to see what kind of team Rafa fields in the cup games as realistically that is the only hope we have of winning anything.

Aye I agree.

Regarding Peterborough, you can see he's a proper supporter but he's one of them that sits next to you doing nothing but moan and calling everyone shyte all game until we score

We've got to be realistic and with Rafa in charge of transfers and his team it puts us in really good stead for the future, but it aint all gonna happen this summer with a crazy spending spree like Everton because we're building sensibly without having the Prem money.

When you think he's got about 75m and then consider the fact that includes new player wages, it doesn't go anywhere near as far as the top 10 who can spend that on one player.

Aye I agree.

Regarding Peterborough, you can see he's a proper supporter but he's one of them that sits next to you doing nothing but moan and calling everyone shyte all game until we score

We've got to be realistic and with Rafa in charge of transfers and his team it puts us in really good stead for the future, but it aint all gonna happen this summer with a crazy spending spree like Everton because we're building sensibly without having the Prem money.

When you think he's got about 75m and then consider the fact that includes new player wages, it doesn't go anywhere near as far as the top 10 who can spend that on one player.
    As you rightly say we can never compete with the top ten teams regarding transfers and wages. West Ham paying Hernandez 140k a week which is crazy for an average player in the Gayle mould.

Rafa always sets his teams up to play defensively but even he must know we need a new LB. I am not too concerned about our goalkeepers as we have enough cover in that dept. Just let's wait and see what we have by the time we kick off hopefully a good centre forward, creative midfielder and a solid left back.

Bump

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)