+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Fletcher Scenario

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Animal your comparing football with the real world. The reality is that football has lost touch with reality. I agree with Dooali sign the lad and pay him 8k a week. With the money we have in the bank 416k over year is a drop in ocean with money in bank. Your said yourself if we're relegated with all that wonga there'd be someone wants fcuking.
    Well only in part steve as I've shown an example from 97 on how things can go with players and money .

You have to handle this very carefully mate or you risk mutiny in the dressing room .

We know the Ash Fletcher from our league one days and he's done nothing of note since and he's relatively untested .

The weekly wage isn't the issue steve it's the affect it has on the senior players who have contributed last season in establishing ourselves in the championship .

If the club brought in Chris Wood or Tom Ince on 8k a week through a loan then that's credible because they have the numbers to back the wage up with .

If we were putting in half of the lads wages then we'd get away with it because aren't in control of his West Ham earnings and it still fits our wage structure .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 22-07-2017 at 11:52 AM.

All football clubs pay their players different though. They'll be probably over £5k a week difference between some of our lads . It's the way it is in football . The difference with football to real life is they're constantly assessed on performance and have to perform to earn they're next contract which could be doubled or tripled.

The pay wouldn't annoy me so much it's if players come in who are guaranteed a certain number of games playing that would bug me

Animal
    That's a ridiculous comparison. Are you saying every loanee we get has to take a drop in wages if they are paid more by their parent club ?
    The fact is that the two clubs either share the players wages or the club acquiring the loanee agrees to pay the players wages in full.

Quote Originally Posted by asbin View Post
    Animal
    That's a ridiculous comparison. Are you saying every loanee we get has to take a drop in wages if they are paid more by their parent club ?
    The fact is that the two clubs either share the players wages or the club acquiring the loanee agrees to pay the players wages in full.
    No not at all , I'm saying there are some loans with a track record in the championship worth 8k a week and then there's Ashley Fletcher whose done nowt above league one level .

I'd have the lad back in a flash but he wouldn't be getting twice as much as Andy Yiadom , Angus Macdonald or Davies in goal every week , 4k tops , that's not a bad wedge at 21 years old with nowt on his CV as such .

Fair point Animal. Although there comes a point where with money in the bank a little speculation wouldn't go amiss here n' there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Fair point Animal. Although there comes a point where with money in the bank a little speculation wouldn't go amiss here n' there.
    Fecking hell steve we own speculation mate , there's 5 million quid riding on this crop over the next 9 months .

If tha paying out more then tha wants more pedigree for thi dosh , that's all I'm saying mate .

That senegalese lad has a bit of pedigree mate. I wouldn't be disappointed if we signed him based on his Russian spell.

I think a lot depends on the character and attitude of the loanee.
    I was really impressed with Fletcher away at Fleetwood. He didn't play that well in a poor team performance but he chased everything down and put more effort in than anyone that day.
    It's one thing experienced old pro's like Redders & Eaden getting pissed off, but most of our present squad arrived recently from non league/lower league and we probably trebled their wages not that long ago. To expect parity with a loanee from the Prem would be a bit rich. They would also benefit from any win bonuses he helped them win. If he delivers on the pitch I can't see how they can complain. Surely if he proved to be a dud we could terminate the loan

It's a good job they didn't want parity with Matty James

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    It's a good job they didn't want parity with Matty James
    Well he was another one wasn't he , we knew from day one we hadn't a cat in hells chance of signing him and the loan was as much about benefiting Leicester City as it was helping us out after Hourihane left .

Would paying his full wages for 4 months sat well with everyone because it wouldn't with me .

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast