+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Murphy or Mitrovic

Murphy or Mitrovic

For me if it came down to back up for Gayle and another 'to be purchased' striker it would have been Daryl every time. Unfortunately we've flogged him and kept the ticking time bomb. I'm not saying Daryl is top class by any stretch of the imagination, but he was able to channel his aggression unlike Mitrovic, and you never thought he would get himself sent off. Also Daryl scored some really crucial goals, Brentford away, Huddersfield away and cant remember who it was against but one right on half time at the Leazes end from 20+ yards when we were really struggling in the last few games. When we went long ball 9/10 it stuck. Remember Villa away, Mitrovic came on gave the ball away 2/3 times instead of just holding it up and they equalised from one of his **** ups.

If we could get £10 million id get rid!

Can't argue with that, Murphy by a country mile over Mitro.

Aye it's a funny old game Murphy goes for 2m and were after close to 15m for mitro I know the age gap but Murphy by far the better player one thing I do like about mitro he loves playing for nufc but thats as far as it goes

Mitrovic all the way international class striker. He is more suited to the premier league and 9 goals in his first season showed that. Murphy did well when called upon but it was the championship. Mitrovic needs service from the wings and he will score and he is firing Serbia single handedly to Russia.

Mitro, for me.

Shows how far his stock has fallen that this comparison is even being made. Thing is, much as I appreciate the role Murphy played in our promotion, we've seen everything he has to offer and he'll only get slower too. With Mitro we've seen glimpses of his potential and there is definitely time for him to improve-even just in terms of consistency. If we play to his strengths-and he makes the most of his-then he could come good.

Mitro needs a 10 game run in the team to allow judgement.

I would give him that run....

.... mind you, I would let him have that run last season

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post
    Mitro needs a 10 game run in the team to allow judgement.

I would give him that run....

.... mind you, I would let him have that run last season
    I think he's worth that. Then he can really be assessed.

The problem here is ,unfortunately we can't afford to give someone a run of games to prove themselves this time around. We need to hit the ground running.that's goes for all positions

Quote Originally Posted by zoggs View Post
    The problem here is ,unfortunately we can't afford to give someone a run of games to prove themselves this time around. We need to hit the ground running.that's goes for all positions
    Aye, this is where I am. tbh. It's why I think we need someone in who can hit the ground running and be our main striker.

he wasnt good eoug for the fizzy

rafa has played him less and less

rafa rarely played him in the prem

his touch is ****e he cant head a ball all he has is passion

put me in a toon top and i would have that

you cant afford to give a 15 million 3 season player a run of games

he found his level yestrday

we should hope one of the teams wanting to consider getting into the prem want him
    as we wont get another prem side coming for him

at 60 k a week he would release some decent wages for rafa

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)