+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: West Yorkshire Galacticos

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    Geez you must be a barrel of laughs to live with... 🤐
    I asked for an answer about what "Leeds united" were, BEFORE the name calling.

Sadly unsurprised at that not happening.

Quote Originally Posted by lasher View Post
    WTF I think it's the changing (or changed) way of football now mate. Sky and the premier league have developed the finances so that those with the money can buy up anyone. The price of home grown players is sky high and all or most of the domestic talent is gobbled up.
    LUFC gave a good record of producing talent and undoubtedly we should try to continue doing this with youth recruitment. It was terrible last season and I hope we can get back on track but if some of these foreign kids work that is OK with me so long as the desire to develop our own continues.
    I'm not so keen on every player we get for the 1st team being foreign with questionable quality to say the least and I've stated my opinion on that several times.
    Galacticos we aren't although I suspect that was tongue in cheek. Let's hope the new owners know better than I do.
    Not much to disagree with there, but the "so long as the desire to develop our own....." is a huge question mark.

Not suggesting we agree on everything ( you'd get the same vitriol I attract if I did), but at least there is one other here who questions the policy of stuffing the first team with foreign players many of whom have "questionable quality"

You never know, it might all turn out alright.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    I asked for an answer about what "Leeds united" were, BEFORE the name calling.

Sadly unsurprised at that not happening.
    Just hope you don't get yourself worked up as much with all other aspects of life. Not worth the angst just to make your opinion number 1 every time....

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    Just hope you don't get yourself worked up as much with all other aspects of life. Not worth the angst just to make your opinion number 1 every time....
    Not getting worked up. Just have a glance at some of the responses to my posts, now THAT'S getting worked up.

My opinion is my opinion, no more, no less, doesn't matter to me if it's number 1 or number 99, still mine whether others agree with it or not. Certainly NOT getting hot under any collar, (but thanks for your concern!&#128521

Not much to disagree with there, but the "so long as the desire to develop our own....." is a huge question mark.

Not suggesting we agree on everything ( you'd get the same vitriol I attract if I did), but at least there is one other here who questions the policy of stuffing the first team with foreign players many of whom have "questionable quality"

You never know, it might all turn out alright.
    So much for youth recruitment and developing our own.......

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/ex...w-partnership/

So we're now an outreach project for someone in La Liga? Cultural Leonesa provide seed corn, Leeds continue the hothousing, and along comes the big bad wolf from Madrid, Barcelona (or elsewhere) to harvest the crop. Or are we to believe that we'll keep hold of the little stars as they are borne?

So much for youth recruitment and developing our own.......

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/ex...w-partnership/

So we're now an outreach project for someone in La Liga? Cultural Leonesa provide seed corn, Leeds continue the hothousing, and along comes the big bad wolf from Madrid, Barcelona (or elsewhere) to harvest the crop. Or are we to believe that we'll keep hold of the little stars as they are borne?
    And surprise, surprise, there is a "link" between this new source of talent and our board room newcomers, strange that.....

"What is interesting in this news is that Cultural Leonesa are owned by the Aspire Foundation, for whom Leeds United director Ivan Bravo is the general director.

Bravo is also on the board at Cultural, being a new appointment at the Spanish club. It is through this web of links that Leeds United are thought to be looking at the player hook-up hinted at by Alan Nixon"

Talk about jobs for the f00king boys, makes you retch.

So just what is Leeds United, just a name and some grass on the outskirts of a big city in Yorkshire?

Might as well be the Galacticos?

Maybe one of you could explain what Leeds is, before you get to the name calling bit?
    What name calling? Neither of use were even replying to you.

Leeds United has nothing to do with it, we are in the champsonship ergo any PL club from Man City to Burnley can take our English youngsters for peanuts to fill their own academy.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post

Leeds United has nothing to do with it, we are in the champsonship ergo any PL club from Man City to Burnley can take our English youngsters for peanuts to fill their own academy.
    Joel, you and others find it easier to resort to name-calling in response to my posts than actually addressing the point of any of them, that was why I made the comment I did.

As for Leeds having nothing to do with it, it was asking SPECIFICALLY what Leeds were/are given the enormous Spanish influence we now have that I asked about (and where there has been a deafening silence in reply).

Not getting worked up. Just have a glance at some of the responses to my posts, now THAT'S getting worked up.

My opinion is my opinion, no more, no less, doesn't matter to me if it's number 1 or number 99, still mine whether others agree with it or not. Certainly NOT getting hot under any collar, (but thanks for your concern!&#128521
    Doesn't matter if it's 1 or 99??? You're kidding yourself mate. Honestly, if that is what you are telling yourself...when needing to have the final say on everything. But...whatever... I don't mean you any malice, but I'll bet you respond once again to tell me I can't possibly be right!

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post

So we plunder Spanish nonentities to fill ours?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)