+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: West Yorkshire Galacticos

It's just getting ridiculous; I hear from a source close to the club that at the first home game we are going to be given the lyrics to Marchando juntos to learn so that the new coaching team feel more at home.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    So just what is Leeds United, just a name and some grass on the outskirts of a big city in Yorkshire?

Might as well be the Galacticos?

Maybe one of you could explain what Leeds is, before you get to the name calling bit?
    "So just what is Leeds United"

You seriously asking that? it is the same as it has always been, a team of footballers representing the city of Leeds?

Unlike in the 60's before Bosman there are no limits on the number of players from any country, that is the law and has been for thirty years now - nothing has changed apart from the leagues we play in and the Nationality of some players and managers - the same as every other club competing in the top two divisions.

The funny thing is if all these foreign tw@ts perform well and help us get promotion no one will give a flying f*ck what nationality they are.

Think some fans just like to f*cking moan regardless....

Joel, you and others find it easier to resort to name-calling in response to my posts than actually addressing the point of any of them, that was why I made the comment I did.

As for Leeds having nothing to do with it, it was asking SPECIFICALLY what Leeds were/are given the enormous Spanish influence we now have that I asked about (and where there has been a deafening silence in reply).
    Well considering you quoted my post about name calling and such, I just gave up on the thread. To my memory I've never "name-called" anyone.

Had disagreements with only one poster, but I'm pretty sure there was no name-calling from eitherside.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    The funny thing is if all these foreign tw@ts perform well and help us get promotion no one will give a flying f*ck what nationality they are.

Think some fans just like to f*cking moan regardless....
    Speak for yourself Rev, not in my name.

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    "So just what is Leeds United"

You seriously asking that? it is the same as it has always been, a team of footballers representing the city of Leeds?

Unlike in the 60's before Bosman there are no limits on the number of players from any country, that is the law and has been for thirty years now - nothing has changed apart from the leagues we play in and the Nationality of some players and managers - the same as every other club competing in the top two divisions.
    Of course I'm "seriously asking that". It most certainly is not the same as it has always been.

I'm well aware of the "Bosman effect", but it wasn't until Sky and others bought the rights that things started to change drastically, with clubs "investing" on the assumption that TV revenues would support their spending (sound familiar?)

To suggest "nothing has changed" is just downright dumb. Examine the make up of squads in the PL/upper echelon of the Championship when at about the time the PL was established and now, they bear little if any similarity.

Of course I'm "seriously asking that". It most certainly is not the same as it has always been.

I'm well aware of the "Bosman effect", but it wasn't until Sky and others bought the rights that things started to change drastically, with clubs "investing" on the assumption that TV revenues would support their spending (sound familiar?)

To suggest "nothing has changed" is just downright dumb. Examine the make up of squads in the PL/upper echelon of the Championship when at about the time the PL was established and now, they bear little if any similarity.

To use one of your favorite put downs.....

You just don't get it...

Nothing has changed in the broadest sense - things have evolved and things do look different today to how they did back in the 60.s and 70's - but that is pretty much the same in all sports - and indeed life!

Back in the day only Yorkshiremen could play Cricket for their county, Women weren't allowed to play on many golf courses, London was full of Cockneys, walking the streets of Leeds in the old days and all you heard where Yorkshire accents - now you would be lucky to hear any, and until I was twelve I'd never seen a black person....

Evolution WTF - bypassed you, but the rest of us accept that the world has moved on since the black and white days!

ps - the nonesense you keep spouting about "Name calling' on here - you do your share in a patronising way - calling people "Just plain dumb" "Not intelligent enough to understand" etc - just as offensive just a little more subtle.

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    To use one of your favorite put downs.....

You just don't get it...

Nothing has changed in the broadest sense - things have evolved and things do look different today to how they did back in the 60.s and 70's - but that is pretty much the same in all sports - and indeed life!

Back in the day only Yorkshiremen could play Cricket for their county, Women weren't allowed to play on many golf courses, London was full of Cockneys, walking the streets of Leeds in the old days and all you heard where Yorkshire accents - now you would be lucky to hear any, and until I was twelve I'd never seen a black person....

Evolution WTF - bypassed you, but the rest of us accept that the world has moved on since the black and white days!

ps - the nonesense you keep spouting about "Name calling' on here - you do your share in a patronising way - calling people "Just plain dumb" "Not intelligent enough to understand" etc - just as offensive just a little more subtle.
    No, I suppose I don't "get it".

I don't get how loyalty is immediately conferred on an owner/coach/player simply because they happen to have become owner/coach/player for ANY club and particularly Leeds. Perhaps if we were a little more judicious we'd be less inclined to stab players in the back when they don't perform (Painter, Mowatt, Cooper, to name some who were lauded and then blasted)?

I don't get how it is possible to enthuse about the pervasive and all-encompassing methods used to reduce what was once a proud Yorkshire team (albeit made up of players from outside the county), to a hollow shell owned/populated by those with no real affinity with Leeds, who, given the right financial incentive, would be gone without a backward glance. Isn't that what Bates did?

The shirt doesn't make the man, or the player inside the man. If "evolution" has made it so, then maybe it's one of those evolutionary branches that will eventually lead to a dead end, let's hope so.

Anyway, I think I'll take a break from this place (hurray I hear!), maybe a tad longer than previously (hurray again!), maybe the Spitfires will see more of me this season than last.

No, I suppose I don't "get it".

I don't get how loyalty is immediately conferred on an owner/coach/player simply because they happen to have become owner/coach/player for ANY club and particularly Leeds. Perhaps if we were a little more judicious we'd be less inclined to stab players in the back when they don't perform (Painter, Mowatt, Cooper, to name some who were lauded and then blasted)?

I don't get how it is possible to enthuse about the pervasive and all-encompassing methods used to reduce what was once a proud Yorkshire team (albeit made up of players from outside the county), to a hollow shell owned/populated by those with no real affinity with Leeds, who, given the right financial incentive, would be gone without a backward glance. Isn't that what Bates did?

The shirt doesn't make the man, or the player inside the man. If "evolution" has made it so, then maybe it's one of those evolutionary branches that will eventually lead to a dead end, let's hope so.

Anyway, I think I'll take a break from this place (hurray I hear!), maybe a tad longer than previously (hurray again!), maybe the Spitfires will see more of me this season than last.

Glad to hear you're taking a break - you need one.

You put statements on here about people blindly enthusing about new manager/owner/players, and about people running clubs with "no affinity" to said club, as if that makes us sad losers or wierdo's
    First off a bit of enthusiasm is what makes most of us tick, I have a friend who tells me every season that this is the year we go up - he can't help himself, secondly, Which supporters of what club [Apart from your local Farsley Celtics / Eastleigh Spitfires etc] are any different to ours? they all have owners who are in it for the money that will sell up if and when it suits them, they all have players no one heard of before they arrived, they all have scapegoats, and they all keep following and supporting, and yes - wishing for success....despite all this.

The only thing we can do if we don't like the direction the club is taking is to moan and groan and bitch and whine.... or feck off and watch someone else.
    You have been doing the former for the last year and a half, glad to hear you are now off to do the latter!

enjoy your flask standing on the touchline!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)