+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: v Wigan

Quote Originally Posted by nottsco2002 View Post
    Well at least we scored and created plenty. I see the favourites to storm league 2 with their WOW squad got hammered 4-0. We may not be as bad as some think. Time will tell.
    As it stands, we are nowhere near good enough for promotion.

Duffy and Hollis aren't good enough... However... Wigan didn't trouble us at all apart from the two counter attacks they scored from so that should be seen as somewhat of a positive against a League One team imo

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    Duffy and Hollis aren't good enough... However... Wigan didn't trouble us at all apart from the two counter attacks they scored from so that should be seen as somewhat of a positive against a League One team imo
    If we start the season with Duffy and Hollis as our centre-half combination, then we won't be challenging for promotion and we could even end up in a spot of bother. It is scarcely believable that a professional club at this level has gone on for so many years without addressing an absolutely glaring flaw in the spine of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    If we start the season with Duffy and Hollis as our centre-half combination, then we won't be challenging for promotion and we could even end up in a spot of bother. It is scarcely believable that a professional club at this level has gone on for so many years without addressing an absolutely glaring flaw in the spine of the team.
    It is mystifying why this has never been addressing and resolved. A good CH is as important to the team as the 20 goal striker.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Poor turnout

This afternoon's attendance is 1,570 (125 visitors). Thank you for your support!
    Not a bad turnout at all considering 25000 people were at splendour and a large crowd at Trent Bridge for the T20

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Hollis had a decent game today. Some on here decide he was useless before a ball has been kicked.
    Hollis has improved no end since Nolly arrived, but only if the opposition never score a goal and Hollis scores a goal a game will he get anything but abuse from folk who have, before the season has started, found their reason for us not dominating every game we play.

It's a concern when you play OK and still end up conceding two goals. But not surprising with Laurel and Hardy as centre halves. We need two decent, commanding CBs in by August 5 or we are in for a repeat of last season.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Hollis has improved no end since Nolly arrived, but only if the opposition never score a goal and Hollis scores a goal a game will he get anything but abuse from folk who have, before the season has started, found their reason for us not dominating every game we play.
    Well, I think I'm as big an advocate for our home-grown players as anyone on here, and I've argued on other threads that we are far too hasty to release them before they can develop. I can't say that about Hollis though, because, if anything, he has regressed compared with the player he was when he first broke into the side. I think he's been given more than enough time to prove he can perform consistently as a league player, and he hasn't done it. Along with the rest of the team he showed some improvement under Nolan, but let's not overstate it. Quite a few of the goals we conceded even in the latter part of last season were closely linked to his mistakes and losses of concentration. I thought he would finally be released this summer, but whilever he's still here I can't regard him as anything more than a back-up option.

Quote Originally Posted by piewoman View Post
    Not a bad turnout at all considering 25000 people were at splendour and a large crowd at Trent Bridge for the T20
    I stand corrected....less than 1,500 Notts fans for the last pre-season game, at home on a glorious Saturday afternoon.....against decent oppo?

Truly a decent turnout.....Sorry I wasted your time.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast