+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: v Wigan

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    It's a concern when you play OK and still end up conceding two goals. But not surprising with Laurel and Hardy as centre halves. We need two decent, commanding CBs in by August 5 or we are in for a repeat of last season.
    Fair point, but was it the CB's at fault? Has anyone got a link to their goals? Both were from right wing crosses, so where was our dynamic new left back?

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Fair point, but was it the CB's at fault? Has anyone got a link to their goals? Both were from right wing crosses, so where was our dynamic new left back?
    Personally thought the whole defence was at fault for the first, just watched and waited for an offside flag that never came. Second goal was a mix of Jones and Hollis. Hollis wasn't watching and played their winger onside. Then Jones didn't cut out the cross and Hollis again could have cleared. Thought on yesterday's display, Dickinson should start and a new centre back signed to replace Hollis

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    #patience. We nearly got relegated from the league last year.
    Precisely !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    A "poor turnout" until you realise that some teams in our league struggle to average this in games that matter. Two friendlies in 4 days still costs money & it was a fantastic turnout on Wednesday! Another good run out & enjoyable game but we have learned very little, Ameobi is beginning to show his class which should be good news but we still cannot defend which is the bad news, as posted before I will reserve judgement until the season begins,but there is still work to be done.
    Then you wake up and see there is Notts versus Derby T20 at Trent Bridge 2-30 start. Not forgetting the Splendor Festival at Wollaton Park and its only a friendly, could be put down to Bad Planning on NCFC's behalf.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Hollis has improved no end since Nolly arrived, but only if the opposition never score a goal and Hollis scores a goal a game will he get anything but abuse from folk who have, before the season has started, found their reason for us not dominating every game we play.
    Spot On, Moan Moan f**K|ng Moan, still if its not Hollis it will be some other poor suspecting player. FACT.

Good job he's a Big Lad.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    I stand corrected....less than 1,500 Notts fans for the last pre-season game, at home on a glorious Saturday afternoon.....against decent oppo?

Truly a decent turnout.....Sorry I wasted your time.
    Ha Ha stick to the Goat Herding.

Quote Originally Posted by Iwantmypieback View Post
    Personally thought the whole defence was at fault for the first, just watched and waited for an offside flag that never came. Second goal was a mix of Jones and Hollis. Hollis wasn't watching and played their winger onside. Then Jones didn't cut out the cross and Hollis again could have cleared. Thought on yesterday's display, Dickinson should start and a new centre back signed to replace Hollis
    We really are in trouble if anyone thinks Dickenhead should start , I didn't go yesterday but against Forest I thought Jones was ok , nothing special but ok. As for Walker , well I wasn't impressed by him but he was up against a side with far more talented players than we have and I happen to think he looked like he had a decent left foot and he could be an asset at set pieces so I would give a contract .

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345