+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mitrovic

Quote Originally Posted by Cannylad View Post
    Funny, Rafa doesn't seem too impressed with him, he wants rid.
    We need 3 Stirkers Gayle,Mitrovic,And a striker who will guarantee 15-20 goals

Quote Originally Posted by Nufc24Mag View Post
    We need 3 Stirkers Gayle,Mitrovic,And a striker who will guarantee 15-20 goals
    Yup. This.

Been saying for ages that we need a new number 1 striker. I'd like Gayle to get a shot but, with his record last time in the Prem, I think we need someone else too.

rafa would have played him more last season if he fancied him

he isnt disciplined isnt good enough and yesterday he was playing aginst a piss poor side and looked ok

our back 4 looked poor and we created little

if that is the side tha goes into the prem
    god help us

i admit we made loads of changes but we ddidnt look different class

i hope it opened rafas eyes to what he has

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    rafa would have played him more last season if he fancied him

he isnt disciplined isnt good enough and yesterday he was playing aginst a piss poor side and looked ok

our back 4 looked poor and we created little

if that is the side tha goes into the prem
    god help us

i admit we made loads of changes but we ddidnt look different class

i hope it opened rafas eyes to what he has
    That's my feeling but tbf Gayle was scoring regularly and he was only playing 1 up.

It was a 2nd pre-season friendly, we pissed on the last year and had a close game, I don't see how this changes anything in his view other than knowing that they need a lot of work between now and the start of the season on cohesion and fitness.

He'll add the right players to make a difference, I'm sure.

Would love him to be given a chance and a run of games but just think his discipline is too much of a gamble and can't be trusted

he has had the opportunity to have runs of games

but he doesnt impress

or he gets himself booked

i still think he is our sissoko
    why the hell we paid what we did for him is beyond me

If we're keeping him and there's no more strikers on the immediate menu, then it's in everyone's interests to give him good karma. Basically back him to the hilt until play/attitude dictates otherwise.

Let's not be too hasty in writing players like Mitro, off.
    We can all clearly see he's not the finished article in terms of being what we would deem as a top striker and he may not be any speed machine.
    However, he's football intelligent and can cause defenders lots of problems with the game he has.
    Better service and a more intense pre-season from him and we could see a much improved Mitro.

Mitro would only be sold if Rafa had a much better replacement in hand, in my opinion, so there's not really much for us to worry about considering we are basically the premiership new boys.

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    why the hell we paid what we did for him is beyond me
    Maybe it's cause he scored in more than half the games he played in Belgium at age 19-20??? It's sad that it hasn't turned out great with Mitrovic here, but you can't deny that it was an exciting buy at the time and that the man had/has loads of talent, something reaffirmed by the massive interest in him of major european clubs around the time we bought him.

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    Maybe it's cause he scored in more than half the games he played in Belgium at age 19-20??? It's sad that it hasn't turned out great with Mitrovic here, but you can't deny that it was an exciting buy at the time and that the man had/has loads of talent, something reaffirmed by the massive interest in him of major european clubs around the time we bought him.
    Exactly this.

Most were saying he was an exciting signing, especially considering the interest their was in him.

We could end up letting go someone who could score the goals if given a good run then buy someone with the money who doesn't produce the goods and we're in the same position.

Atleast now he's had time to settle/adjust so it's do or die and if he "does" then I still believe we've got a very good player who's capable of scoring regularly.

Aye, you'd think it's now or never with Mitro. But, I also agree with Ghost in that we've got to get behind him now. It's no good him going into the season thinking his chances are decreasing with every miss or game he goes without scoring (even if, realistically, that's the case). As much as anything that's up to the crowd and I'm pretty confident he'll get our backing.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)