+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mitrovic

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernRock View Post

Surely deserves a proper chance in my opinion.
    What if that chance cost us points and points because he doesn't put the chances away though?

I want him to succeed i really do but we need him to hit hte ground running and scoring, which he doesn't seem to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Aye, you'd think it's now or never with Mitro. But, I also agree with Ghost in that we've got to get behind him now. It's no good him going into the season thinking his chances are decreasing with every miss or game he goes without scoring (even if, realistically, that's the case). As much as anything that's up to the crowd and I'm pretty confident he'll get our backing.
    even Rafa doesn't want him

super mac thinks he is ****e
    when will people learn we don't need passion we need goals and we need to see after 3 seasons him improve ,but he hasn't
    people say he needs a decent run of games ,but he hasn't done enough for the manager to feel confident enough that he should be given that run of games

he needs to ge and if he does and scores which happens a lot so be it .

good luck to the lad
    but at present he is taking up a shirt and a load of wages for someone that rafa doesn't feel confident enough inn to start or even when murphy was here play

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    What if that chance cost us points and points because he doesn't put the chances away though?

I want him to succeed i really do but we need him to hit hte ground running and scoring, which he doesn't seem to do.
    The experienced centre halfs of the Premiership just wind him up and he ends up getting booked or sent off. He is a liability when he is in the side should be moved on asap

All this badge kissing crap doesn't win you games I can not see anything that he brings to the table. Superman wrote an article about him the other weak basically saying he was crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Aye, you'd think it's now or never with Mitro. But, I also agree with Ghost in that we've got to get behind him now. It's no good him going into the season thinking his chances are decreasing with every miss or game he goes without scoring (even if, realistically, that's the case). As much as anything that's up to the crowd and I'm pretty confident he'll get our backing.
    If you look at his goals scored for minutes on the pitch, he's only fractionally behind Gayle. Then look at his record at international level for a young lad and he proves he can perform.

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    he has had the opportunity to have runs of games

but he doesnt impress

or he gets himself booked

i still think he is our sissoko
    why the hell we paid what we did for him is beyond me
    Is this the same Sissoko that you said was better than our present squad.

It's nothing to do with badge kissing or running round like a headless chicken, the lad plays with a high work ethic and that shouldn't be underestimated.

People keep on talking about his goal record but it's actually respectable when you consider the games he's played and the fact most of his first season we were absolute sht.

I personally think he deserves a chance because he's proved he can score, if he's played regularly enough I think he'll be consistent too, he is at international level.

Peterborough you say he's taking up a shirt, who would you have instead of him, realistically?

My biggest problem with Mitro is his lack of discipline,I suspect it is the same with Rafa.

Quote Originally Posted by sherwoodmag View Post
    My biggest problem with Mitro is his lack of discipline,I suspect it is the same with Rafa.
    Agreed. With Shelveys temperament I think Rafa probably feels he can't risk having two hotheads in the same team

Admittedly his temper is too wild, but isn't this something Rafa should be able to manage? I mean Mitro's young and evidently loves the club, so why can't he be controlled. Probably not as easy as it sounds, but you'd think with his talent that Rafa would see a diamond in the making that he could work with and develop.

I think it's a mistake letting Mitro go, and I'm tempted to say that he should start ahead of Gayle (whom I also rate) next season.

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    Admittedly his temper is too wild, but isn't this something Rafa should be able to manage? I mean Mitro's young and evidently loves the club, so why can't he be controlled. Probably not as easy as it sounds, but you'd think with his talent that Rafa would see a diamond in the making that he could work with and develop.

I think it's a mistake letting Mitro go, and I'm tempted to say that he should start ahead of Gayle (whom I also rate) next season.
    I would imagine that he has cottoned on now with the bit part he's been playing up to now and the times Rafa will have taken him in hand and talked to him.

He's going to realise that to be successful here he had to curb his temper without curbing his enthusiasm.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)