+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 2 Warm ups today

2 Warm ups today

It's all to do with fitness but Burnley win 3-2 at Alfreton with a hat trick from Gray, a Brady free kick wins it at Kidderminster.

Boss Sean Dyche leads the side at Alfreton and has named a strong line-up as the Clarets continue their pre-season programme.

Burnley: Heaton (c), Darikwa, Tarkowski, Mee, Taylor, Gudmundsson, Cork, Defour, C Long, Gray, Walters. Subs; Mitchell, Birch, Whitmore, Limb, Thomas, Chakwana, O'Neill.

Alfreton: Elliott, Topliss, Allan, Platt, Shiels, Priestley, Jennings, Disley, Westcarr, Sharp, Johnson. Subs: Diawara, Morrison, Marshall, McGowan, Roberton, Snodin, Bickett.

Referee: Ed Cook

And at Kidderminster, assistant-manager Ian Woan is in charge with another powerful line-up at his disposal as the Clarets look to give game-time to their full first-team squad.

Burnley: Pope, Lowton, Ward, Westwood, Anderson, K Long, Ulvestad, Hendrick, Agyei, Barnes, Brady. Subs: Stone, Hendrie, Leitch, Bayode, Flowers, Howarth, Metz.

Kidderminster: Hall, Austin, Keane, Croasdale, Trialist, Williams, Nti, McQuilkin, Ironside, Truslove, Sonupe. Subs: A Brown, Webb, Trialist.

I was in all honesty hoping for a couple of 6-0 wins!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I was in all honesty hoping for a couple of 6-0 wins!
    I was hoping for a couple of defeats, because they will have to get used to it..

Quote Originally Posted by Turfmoorspirit View Post
    I was hoping for a couple of defeats, because they will have to get used to it..
    You are not usually so negative TMS, what's up?

Can anyone confirm whether Defour was seen in a Burnley shirt or if Gray looked interested while bagging his hat trick?

A hat trick for André against Alfreton Town ? I presume that will be the Alfreton who are in the same division as Chorley ? I saw Chorley last week, they played their first team in a friendly at Clitheroe. Clitheroe (of the Evostik D1 North) beat them. They're in the same division as FC United, they signed Clitheroe's centre-half Danny Brady this summer. He's a good lad is Danny, I've seen him a lot, he'll be fine at that level, but I wouldn't fancy him against a PL striker.

You never know, if news of this hat trick gets out, maybe Sean will be fighting PL clubs off with a ****ty stick on Monday morning, as they vie for his signature. Sadly though, I suspect not.

Quote Originally Posted by Primitive View Post
    Can anyone confirm whether Defour was seen in a Burnley shirt or if Gray looked interested while bagging his hat trick?
    Yes and yes!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)