+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Minutes in legs

Minutes in legs

It seems as if it's all about "minutes in legs", got to get "minutes in legs".

I don't recall hearing this in previous seasons. Is it a get-out of conversation clause? "Well we're happy that they got the minutes in legs".

Has every player/sportsman got a target for "minutes in legs"? Or is everyone fit and ready after 300mins of "minutes in legs". I've got lots of minutes in my legs, they're almost coming to the end of their minutes/weeks/months/years. Every 60secs and there's another minute gone.

I've heard it before. It's a fairly standard pre-season cliché. It's basically saying getting the fitness levels right is more important than the style of the football at this stage, then there's more concentration on shape and firming up the first choice eleven in the final two weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    I've heard it before. It's a fairly standard pre-season cliché. It's basically saying getting the fitness levels right is more important than the style of the football at this stage, then there's more concentration on shape and firming up the first choice eleven in the final two weeks.
    I've clearly not being paying attention, but then neither has Mr Google with whom I checked before posting. Hope we're still not hearing it at Christmas time.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    I've clearly not being paying attention, but then neither has Mr Google with whom I checked before posting. Hope we're still not hearing it at Christmas time.
    All I found was 8 minute legs and 3 minute legs. I preferred the 3 minute version ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aUFZL9R04Y

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    All I found was 8 minute legs and 3 minute legs. I preferred the 3 minute version ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aUFZL9R04Y
    I bet most women would prefer an 8 minute version

Minutes in legs is just a new way off saying game time for the players, simples.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    Minutes in legs is just a new way off saying game time for the players, simples.
    Correct, but remember you can't teach an Ode Dog New Tricks.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Give it a rest, you full know what it means and you're being unnecessarily negative towards KN.

I just don't understand some Notts fans, always looking for an opportunity to have a dig

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton_Pie View Post
    Give it a rest, you full know what it means and you're being unnecessarily negative towards KN.

I just don't understand some Notts fans, always looking for an opportunity to have a dig
    Spot on too many numpitys me thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton_Pie View Post
    If that's how you read it then that's your problem. I had never heard the phrase until I saw the KN YouTube interviews. Simple as that. I try to keep up, I'm on t'internet, twitter, here and odd other places.

I wasn't asking what it meant but curious as to when it came into popularity. If it is a KN phrase then good on 'im. Avoids a lot of questions.

Had you heard of it before?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast