+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nick Blackman

Nick Blackman

According to social media sites Facebook and twitter Rotherham, Millwall scum and Portsmouth are all interested in signing nick Blackman on loan from derby county.

(Will try and find the link)

Be nice but why do i get the feeling it will never happen in a million years.

Good luck with the link, this smacks of "fake news"

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Good luck with the link, this smacks of "fake news"
    Could be fake news Facebook is full of them but my dad showed me it half an hour ago on his mobile but I can't seem to find it on google.

Ether way I don't have an opinion on him ether way, not realy shined at derby my dad said. Most likely the reason he is being sent out on loan, that and they need the funds.

P.S I'm trying to convert him into a miller lol

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    According to social media sites Facebook and twitter Rotherham, Millwall scum and Portsmouth are all interested in signing nick Blackman on loan from derby county. (Will try and find the link)
    I like the fact that you call them Millwall scum as much as we do.
    I dont know anything about the bloke Nick Blackman, but if hes at Derby will he want to step down to Lg Two ? (and Im not having a go there when I ask that question)

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    I like the fact that you call them Millwall scum as much as we do.
    I dont know anything about the bloke Nick Blackman, but if hes at Derby will he want to step down to Lg Two ? (and Im not having a go there when I ask that question)
    League 1 you mean

Donno but from what iv been reading he spent most of last season injured and is injured now as well, so it wouldn't shock me if we signed him.

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    League 1 you mean
    Donno but from what iv been reading he spent most of last season injured and is injured now as well, so it wouldn't shock me if we signed him.
    Soz Silly, that was a genuine typing error. I know what league your in of course and I thought Id pressed '1'.
    But like you say, will he want to step down a division or fight for his place at Derby (where it looks like hes only second or third choice now anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Soz Silly, that was a genuine typing error. I know what league your in of course and I thought Id pressed '1'.
    But like you say, will he want to step down a division or fight for his place at Derby (where it looks like hes only second or third choice now anyway).
    According to a press interview that was made on the 17th of July it says Rowert is wanting 2 more attacking options to be brought in so I can't imagine him staying if they get the players they want.

But like you said will he want to drop a league to get some game time I'm not sure, but I don't think he will be at championship level if he has been struggling with injurys and also if millwall is his only championship option well that's lower than league 1 in my opinion.

Sometimes players have to bite the bullet dont they and step down a division, and this can lead to better things for them in the future etc. (and money isnt the most important thing here is it)

The other Nick, Nick Powell at Wigan has been mentioned by us and some other Champship clubs, but apart from a good 5 minute spell at the end of last season against both of our teams, what has he done ? !!

I saw the tweet and it only said we'd enquired about taken him on s season long loan along with Millwall and Pompey.

On paper we'd be 3rd favourites but on the other hand he wouldn't have to move house or uproot his family to play for us like he would if he went darn Sarff so don't write it off too soon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast