+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Good names for baby boys?

Good names for baby boys?

I'm sat here awaiting the arrival of my second grandchild...a boy to my second daughter.

Mother to be is struggling for a name,for months it was going to be Theo but she's started to waver.

I picked my daughter's name and she's always liked being called Holly so I've been throwing my favourite options at her.

I like short names and I'm not really a traditionalist so I'm not really into names like William,Henry and all them sort.

I actually like names like Bo and Max and she quite likes Bo but she's thinking ahead to when he's a ****ager and the p I s s taking starts and doesn't think B O is the greatest idea:-)

A friend of mine has a grandson called Dexter and she likes that especially when adding his grandads name of John which was also my dad's name and he was her favourite grandad so she thinks "DJ" or Dex will be cool name when he gets to ****age years.

Anybody got any unusual suggestions or good names from their family.

I've already had to warn his dad that Junior and Enzo are probably not the best but then again we did have Enzo Maresca.

Saido is a definite NO!!

Muhammad the most popular name out there I think.

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post
    Muhammad the most popular name out there I think.
    Cheers.....that's a massive help.

Something short is good. Also not one of the fly by night names that are popular for a short time but a few years down the line will be abused.
    The choice of course has to be with the parents. Greg, Matt, Dan, Mick, Dave, Jon all have stood the test of time and are good solid names.
    Get her to spell it correctly though. Don't want Krys, Mik, Dezzy, etc.
    I would strongly advise against Bubba. About time Reginald made a comeback, she could set a trend with that.
    My dad was William Henry. There is a pub in Weymouth called William Henry as well.

Tarquin and Chelsea are always popular

Forget all the gizmo jizmo names...nothing wrong with Michael...

leading up to the birth of my grandson in april last year and knowing my daughter was having a boy the name juggling was well under way and the two strong candidates were Hugo and Griff or Gryff,he very nearly got Griff which I was sold on but the other granddad to be (his first grandchild like myself) was leaning towards Hugo and events took a nasty turn just before xmas 15 when he suddenly took ill and was hospitalised,unfortunatley he died shortly after before the birth so Hugo was chosen over Griff as a nod to him
    He is Hugo it suits him but I think as shes planning on another baby next year and if its a boy Gryff will be a top contender for sure

Simon, James, David, Peter all names I would choose.

ROBBIE or is that too Scottish?

for years in my childhood I thought I was named Cumeer,that's what me mam always shouted at me

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)