+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: And the dust settles.... My tuppence!

And the dust settles.... My tuppence!

Been to Grimsby, Coventry and a match today against some team in Blue and White,

Christ on a bike the Team in Blue and White would bore me to tears.
    to Left back, to centre back, to right back to Centre back to Left back...Hoof!
    To Left back, to centre back, to right back to Centre back to Left back Hoof!
    To Left back, to centre back, to right back to Centre back to Left back
    I watched us get beat to Port Bale 7 summat and enjoyed the match more!!
    Anyway....

It's a friendly.
    On way to ground, I said to Mrs Jules that if we came away on the wrong side of a goal loss I'd probably take it.
    They've spent loads.....
    And I meant it!

Didn't show till 89 min.

Decent starting line up, and I do believe if Isgrove had been playing we'd have done them. Mallon for Williams ( is there a "Must play clause again?????) for me though.

Usual "We are Premier League" bollX and at this moment in time we still have a stand behind the goal and three or four lasses in the snap counter got home safe........ honestly believe that we were as good as them in the first half... and about 20 of the second
    Match of the day is gonna be worth staying up for just for this...
    To Left back, to centre back, to right back to Centre back to Left back...

Anyway.
    Nowt in it first half.... could have been two-two....
    Second half the away end fell quiet.. we had a few good chances ...Obviously they had collected up the cardboard clapping implements for next week....

Second half I was beginning to wonder why we'd played them

Why come to play a game and just look disinterested for 75 minutes????

Some great keeping by Davo!! When the ball eventually landed in his box from the "Hoof"
    Then off it went again

And Voila!!! A long 90 yard punt from the Keeper..( who's kicking was atrocious all game) to a fella who fell on his Ar5e all the time and he's flicked it in......!'

I think Davies was still Hypnotised !!

(to Left back, to centre back, to right back to Centre back to Left back...Hoof!
    To Left back, to centre back, to right back to Centre back to Left back).........). Must have been !!!!

Left , centre, right, centre, left, centre "Hoof"

I hope they get battered severely week in and week out. They went up with -2 goal difference and a pen shoot out in semi and Final!

I saw today Why.

I'd sooner watch our young lads go down then watch that type of football. Keep,your £160 M

From a reds point of view it was a run out against a team who came to pas it around and get the possession stats up to 60%.! I like to be entertained.. even if we lose

If I wanted to see a ball being passed across a green patch of grass repetitively I'd watch Tennis. But then I like football
    Success is second....

Reds perspective?
    Very impressed with young Brown. Davo.
    Also, after my comments this week, I've got to say well to done Hammil too.
    Fryers need work.

I'm off to sleep now chaps.... friendly or not.. Today Hurts.
    It would hurt if we lost to this lot in a tiddlywinks contest!!!'

At least this season ( Barring a cup draw) it'll only hurt once. !!!

Sounded a positive performance jules, result is irrelevant to me. It's about this team growing in understanding in the build up to the big kick off. I appreciate it's different for you living over that way but surely even their fans would be hard pushed to take the pyss over a friendly result

Rochdale on tues and we know keefs team will at least play proper football. Another good warm up test for me.

Good post Jules . Take it you weren't impressed with Cleckhuddersfax

To be fair this side of Denby Dale it was class to see Town win that penalty shoot out in front of 95k at S6 .

To see them celebrating and in the background the truffle merchants stood dazed and stuggling to take it in was heart warming , I was pyssing myself .

I could just about wear Pinky and Perky when they didn't have a pot to pyss in but as soon as wewononce took over and through some prawn crackers at them out came the big attitude .

Had a week on the Yorkshire coast a fortnight ago and I've never seen so many folk strutting up n down with Town shirts on , fair play to em but I can understand how Jules feels , Town never bought anyone for anything other than two bob and now it's raining 14 million pound footballers .

Tom Ince is a strange one though I have to say at 11 million , ok in a good side in the championship like he enjoyed at Blackpool and Derby but a team struggling in the PL , I'm not so sure , always thought he had a heart like a pea myself but we'll see I suppose .

Their home form will decide their fate .

They used all their luck up last season so I think they will finish with the same number of points as Derby when they got relegated

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Good post Jules . Take it you weren't impressed with Cleckhuddersfax
    I credit their chairman with the plan well executed. Can't stand their fans as they all thought they were rival to Real Madrid as it was, now they are actually talking Champions League. My bitterness isn't Jealousy over their Premier league ascension, its born from the days when I used to wait alone for the 236 and 235 from Skelmanthorpe to Barnsley for games and often got a few cracks from the Town fans over the road. ( it was that era).
    Some of their fans are mates, and I'm pleased that they got the chance to see their team in the Prem, nice for one season
    But please let it be for one season only.
    I don't like the backwards forwards game they play, then the Hoof ( could you tell?)
    Thought we did well yesterday.

Wiss be reyt Jules , how did Moncur doo ? Payne ? Anyone stand art ?

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Wiss be reyt Jules , how did Moncur doo ? Payne ? Anyone stand art ?
    Think Moncur will do well this season. Played ok. If he gets a bit of time to look and see the passes he'll deliver. Think he's got good vision. Payne will improve, apparently lost a tooth in the battle yesterday! . We missed Lloyd. Zecki Fryers needs some time on the ball and rushes passes... again, that may be down to settling in and eager to impress Brown was lively and I would give him a go against Rochdale for half a game again.
    Davo made some cracking saves, one in particular was a worldy.
    Williams was a mile off
    Yiadom, unfortunately was solid, and showed good skills going forward which Mr Hitler from Huddersfield will no doubt have taken note.
    Think we have options up front and also that we will score more than last season, my prediction is we will start slow and finish strong as in the season before last.

Getting that one yesterday out of the way I'm Really Looking forward to Rochdale, and got tickets for Brighton, somewhere I've never been, can't wait to properly get going. I don't feel,all doom and gloom today.

Clearly meant Bristol. I'd be a bit lonely in Brighton !

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Clearly meant Bristol. I'd be a bit lonely in Brighton !
    Not if tha went wiart your lass tha wunt :-) :-) :-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast