+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Hope our three signings aren't the end of it

Dyche obviously trusts Mee, he has played him enough. The big question is who will partner him?

Frankly I don't care, because I think either Tarkowski and Long are both good enough to play in the EPL!

I'm really looking forward to the new season and I think we will do very well indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Primitive View Post
    Depends where you'll be staying. If it's anywhere near Adeje I can give you loads.

We also gave bad goals away when Keane and Mee were on the pitch. It's not complacency, it's faith in the system.
    Adeje is good. Recommend away please?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Dyche obviously trusts Mee, he has played him enough. The big question is who will partner him?

Frankly I don't care, because I think either Tarkowski and Long are both good enough to play in the EPL!

I'm really looking forward to the new season and I think we will do very well indeed.
    I think the only difference this season Bt is who will do the covering , Boyd has gone and whilst he didn't deliver much at the other end he certainly broke up a lot of opposition attacks , the wide men remaining don't look to me like they will offer the same protection all be it we may create a bit more when attacking.
    I hope I'm wrong but we could be exposed a bit defensively, maybe Walters will play wide one side and offer protection.
    We need pace - width and a finisher imo or we could end up defending an awful lot this year. ( that will test your partnership theory )
    What s interesting to me is that nearly all the other teams have / are buying and improving so if you take the relegated ones out from last season and add in Huddersfield / the toon and Brighton and then really look at the league again, we at this moment are probably in the weakest 2/3 , last year I'd have said that 2/3 was 6 or seven teams , the three that went Swansea us and Palace
    And Watford .
    We may get lucky and sign one or two more yet that can offer something different they could make all the difference. ( read today about Ramirez at Boro he might be interesting ).

One of the unknowns this season is how good Tarka will be alongside Mee. They are an untried combination and some think Tarka will step into Keane's position without too much trouble. I agree he deserves his place but for me, its fingers crossed . It took Keane a lot of playing time to adjust and he is the better defender for me.

A combination of Tarka and Long for any prolonged spell will get found out and bring relegation in my opinion.

A good defensive system is a big positive but will not stand on its own. It's good players being able to meet the demands of the PL that will make the system work.

I'd rather have an experienced central defender signed like one of the Dawson's coming in , more so than the potential of one like Lees.

Whichever way it goes, it would surprise me if the club transfer record goes for this position.

Let's see what happens.

I'm trusting the manager on this Donz, Tarka and Mee may be untried in public but Dyche will have seen plenty of them together down Gawthorpe, and if he thinks Tarko isn't up to it then he'll bring someone else in. If he starts Tarko, as I'm certain he will, it'll be because he's happy with those two together in the PL. And if Sean's happy, I'm happy, he knows the time of day that lad.

I'm joining Primitive and going with you on this one sinkov. Dyche played centre half and knows his onions, whoever he selects will do for me!

Quote Originally Posted by thedonz View Post
    We probably did, but not at the rate of at least one a game against bottom half clubs
    23 goals conceded in 18 games against bottom half clubs with Keane and Mee in the team. You do the maths.

Quote Originally Posted by Primitive View Post
    23 goals conceded in 18 games against bottom half clubs with Keane and Mee in the team. You do the maths.
    Not sure where you get 23 conceded, was it not 17 in 17 matches against bottom half and also scored 17, picking up 22 points in the process?

Sean Dyche still saying we are looking for 2/3 more players, hopefully he's looking at more and not wanting to upset present players as there is no mention of a replacement for Keane or a striker.

Garlick is on record as saying we will spend bigger than last time in this window, not happening yet it is.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk...Burnley_squad/

I wonder how much depends on the Defour and Gray situations, are they staying, are they going ? Maybe the club expected to have the pair of them off the books by now but it hasn't happened, so it's all ground to a halt while those two situations are resolved.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)