+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hope our three signings aren't the end of it

Hope our three signings aren't the end of it

So far we have spent nothing. In fact there is still transfer money left over from players that have left.

Will we use it? Will we add to it? Will we bank it?

Watch yet another episode of "Nay, No, Never"

Five out and just three in and SD has openly stated he needs quality players coming in numbers for squad reinforcement.

1). Shay Given to replace Robinson as the experienced, veteran international goalkeeper.

2). James MCArthur to add experience and quality and reinforce the midfield department.

Both of those represent astute business IMHO and still leave lots of wiggle room for a couple of true marquee signings!

OK, we got three in early and it looked like lessons had been learned, but now there's less than three weeks to go, the tumbleweed is blowing down Harry Potts Way again, and BTs fleet of taxis is gathering dust.

I was hoping we'd seen the end of it, but I have this horrible feeling that the traditional late August Trolley Dash is on the cards again.

Linked with Phil Bardsley this morning.

Nixon seems to get up some people's noses, but imo he's generally spot on with our transfer dealings. So it wouldn't surprise me if Bardsley arrives soon.

We got the 3 in early because the circumstances were right . Leeds had no say in the matter with Taylor and Stoke and Swansea were happy to let Walters and Cork go and the players were happy to come. No complications.

The transfer market is normally complicated and that is why no further signings have been made to date.

Dyche is always honest with the fans when it comes to bringing players in
    yet some don't listen to him.

I am happy with the 3 signings so far , a mixture of real future potential and Premier League experience.

I would be further happy with the signings of an experienced PL centre half .

My only unease is with the uncertain positions of Defour and Gray. I am sure Dyche knows where he stands with their commitment to the club.

Quote Originally Posted by thedonz View Post

The transfer market is normally complicated and that is why no further signings have been made to date.
    It is complicated donz, but it always seems more complicated for us than most of the others. Of the bottom half teams we're going to be competing with this season only Palace have signed fewer than us, but they've only just appointed a manager, so inevitaby are playing catch up. And it's the same every season, we seem determined to play our first two or three games understrength and give the others a start, as we did with Swansea last year. There used to be the excuse that we just didn't have the money to be making deals early in summer, but that no longer applies, we're awash with cash now, but yet again kick-off approaches and we're still several signings short.

What I will say Sinkov, is that on the centre half position, with the club knowing months ago Keane was leaving, I will be disappointed if now that we have waited so long for a replacement, it isn't a quality signing .

My memory might fail me, but in our first promotion season under Dyche didn't we get the likes of Jutcjewicz, Sordell and Reid in pretty quickly. They were substandard because we didn't have the money. We do now and our signings are of much higher quality.

With a good quality centre half and Defour and Gray staying I would be happy to go now.

I haven't changed my mind about Gray , I would still like to see him sold. Unfortunately , any sale now might harm the club.

[QUOTE=thedonz;38595653]What I will say Sinkov, is that on the centre half position, with the club knowing months ago Keane was leaving, I will be disappointed if now that we have waited so long for a replacement, it isn't a quality signing .

[/QUOTE

I see it differently donz, Keane's replacement is already at the club, he has the No 5 shirt and l have no problem with that whatsoever, Tarkovsky has the potential to be even better than Keane imo, and this season he gets the chance to prove it. We do need another CB though obviously, just Kevin Long as cover for Mee and Tarko is asking for trouble, but I expect it will be someone from the Championship, also with potential, I'm not expecting us to sign a big name, or even a PL centre-half, just a back-up

It is fair to say four centre halves in the EPL are almost mandatory.

Mee, Tarkowski & Long can obviously all cut it at the highest level. Ward can also play at centre half and I would love it if either Alex Whitmore or Tom Anderson could break through.

Leave the money in the bank centre back wise and let's go for two explosive, game changing wide men.

That's we really need in my honest opinion.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)