+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Hope our three signings aren't the end of it

Quote Originally Posted by thedonz View Post
    Back to you primitive, give me the mistakes that Keane and Mee made in the corresponding games.
    If I can be bothered after my hols I might, but the facts are that we conceded 7 goals in those corresponding games as against 6 with Long and Tarkowski.

Obviously I'd like us to replace Keane, if Long was to get many minutes this season I'd be worried, but I don't think it's a disaster if Tarkowski and Mee are our starting partnership in most games.

As for the complaints that we're not improving the squad enough, this time last year we'd only signed JBG and Pope, we're well ahead of that this summer.

I just do not get this we don't trust Long campaign.

He is big and mobile, strong and robust, two footed with a head like a rock, what's not to like?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I just do not get this we don't trust Long campaign.

He is big and mobile, strong and robust, two footed with a head like a rock, what's not to like?
    No mention of football ability Bt , at centre back in this league you need a bit more than the above IMO

I hope if he does start he proves us wrong

You simply cannot be an international footballer if you can't play football! Long has the ability.

Please remember Kevin was side-lined for a long period with the dreaded knee knack?

You simply cannot be an international footballer if you can't play football! Long has the ability.

Please remember Kevin was side-lined for a long period with the dreaded knee knack?
    Played really well yesterday - give him a chance!

The paucity of decent centre-halves in Ireland doesn't make Kevin a better footballer BT, he's our 4th choice for a reason, the reason being he's not that good.

White flag time. I surrender and I'm coming out with my hands up. Don't shoot!

Attachment 5628

Looking for a keeper?

As for Hull City, Ruiter’s arrival could mean that either David Marshall or Allan McGregor are set for an exit.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)