+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Hope our three signings aren't the end of it

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Battle hardened troops are in through the door, let's just get on with it?
    Why the hell is everyone happy ?

We have got Walters who would replace Boyd.

Taylor who keeps Ward on his toes.

Cork who replaces Barton and the injured Marney.

Bardsley who replaces Darikwa.

We have yet to replace Keane, O.K. Tarky and Mee with Long in reserve who for me has to improve a lot, if Mee or Tarky get an injury or suspension for me we would be in the sh!te.

Its guess work that D4 and Dyche have healed any rift that may have gone on and the fact he only plays 60 odd minutes is still there, likewise with any upset with Gray's demands.

So for me we are lacking in Defence, Tricky Wide man, Attacker and obviously a goalkeeper, so as yet I don't think we are any stronger at all, just the same as last season with a light weight defence, not a lot of creativity and no potency in attack.

Again I'll reiterate what I said on another thread, Garlick stressed we would spend bigger than last time, not seen any of it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by thedonz View Post
    Some people can't see the wood for the trees but it's all about opinion , and a little bit of pedantry , eh Sinkov . And we know that Primitive is always right, he's forever telling us. Will he forgive you for taking the glory from him ��? Let's see what happens.
    Not stealing anyone's glory donz, if you check back it was Prim originally agreeing with my suggestion that the way we play makes it easy to slot in at centre-half. Prim just put it more eloquently than I did with his 'system is the star'.

Not sure why I should be accused of pedantry for giving my opinion on a msgboard, if I you think I was being pedantic that's your opinion, but I don't know any other way than to say what I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post

Again I'll reiterate what I said on another thread, Garlick stressed we would spend bigger than last time, not seen any of it yet.
    You're right Alto, we must have £30m plus to spend yet, whether they intend spending it who knows.

I have still to hear anybody disagree with my opinion that Tarkowski and Long's poor defending cost us goals in those last 3 games.

What I think I have read is the suggestion that their pairing was not much worse than Mee and Keane , which made me laugh

Norder makes my point that these so called mentioned good teams we played against at the end of the season , were no such thing. We had a free falling West Brom at home, and two other teams that spent lot of time in the bottom half of the table and whose final position was boosted by playing against a Burnley defence that gifted them goals and 3 points.
    Last edited by thedonz; 25-07-2017 at 11:32 PM.

Keane was the main Anchor in our defence Donz, now he's gone we have IMO Mee who is the bravest man in Football that I have every seen, but Mee is prone to some bad mistakes now and again, Tarky is still learning his trade, some good fancy footwork at times but again learning his trade of which he has not had a lot of practice at to be fair, Long for me is the weak link although like Tarky has not had much game time (with Burnley anyway), so for me we have 3 reasonable not great defenders.

To answer your question Donz, I feel it does not matter whether we play Barcelona or Rotherham, if you are not 100% on your game or are not good enough your failings will show sooner or later.

Quote Originally Posted by thedonz View Post
    I have still to hear anybody disagree with my opinion that Tarkowski and Long's poor defending cost us goals in those last 3 games.
    I took a quick look - Donz.

...and as I saw it.

West Brom....not scored in 5 games, Rondon - first goal in 20...Tark was in front of goal, did get the ball but didn't clear it....was that Long's deflection ?

did I say Boro???
    Barnmouth ....Kings goal - Tark misjudged the bounce....was a minute after our equalizer.

Wham.....the Feghouli goal - made an obvious run - was unmarked and scored from a through ball/ flick on....that went past Long, who looked to be moving toward Fegli, but decided otherwise. When Ayew flicked it on, Tark was there. came in behind him but didn't manage to stop the pass... .

A total Pox....unthinking and undisciplined....slow and leggy.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post

...and as I saw it.

West Brom....not scored in 5 games, Rondon - first goal in 20...Tark was in front of goal, did get the ball but didn't clear it....was that Long's deflection ?

did I say Boro???
    Barnmouth ....Kings goal - Tark misjudged the bounce....was a minute after our equalizer.

Wham.....the Feghouli goal - made an obvious run - was unmarked and scored from a through ball/ flick on....that went past Long, who looked to be moving toward Fegli, but decided otherwise. When Ayew flicked it on, Tark was there. came in behind him but didn't manage to stop the pass... .

Cheers.
    Spot on that Norder, I'm a fan of Tarky but I think he needs time and would develop better with a experienced premier league centre back at the club.

It will be interesting how people on here react if we don't get a decent start and we concede some soft goals ---

I get that Dyche sees them train every day here's the But , but it's not against real quality and pace of the opposition teams.
    I trust Dyche but would be happier with a centre back of quality alongside Mee and or Tarky --- long for me would still be a bit part player- learning of the others.

Crikey! Need to pop some enthusiasm pills down a few throats on here.

I do not understand why we have to spend "big" to bring in top quality professional footballers.

Bringing in Walters and Bardsley for an outlay of three million quid is really good business IMHO.

The money is available if all of the pieces fit together bringing in our targeted player.

We still need to replace Boyd but don't forget we still have Arfield to come back, who by all accounts has been on fire for Canada.

Anderson has been developed and groomed to play for the first team and like I have said on a different thread, I think he can make it.

No reason whatsoever to think an Eire international centre back is not good enough to play in the EPL and Tarkowski is one heck of a footballer.

Let's be H A P P Y?

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post

...and as I saw it.

did I say Boro???

Cheers.
    Now do it for the three games we played against the same opposition with Mee and Keane at the back (in which we conceded one more goal).

The main problem with discussing what happened at the end of the season with the different defensive partnership is the fact that Mee and Keane had been playing together all season, whereas, Tarkowski and Long were suddenly thrust to the fore at the end of a PL season, not having played as a partnership at that level before.
    I agree that the mistakes which have been mentioned were fairly basic, however, if they had known each others' game a liitle better, they may not have happened.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)