+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Hope our three signings aren't the end of it

Most soccer coaches I know agree that a pair of centre backs and a pair of strikers playing in a 4-4-2 formation need at least six games in tandem to know what they are doing.

Let's give them a proper chance shall we P L E A S E ?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Crikey! Need to pop some enthusiasm pills down a few throats on here.

I do not understand why we have to spend "big" to bring in top quality professional footballers.

Bringing in Walters and Bardsley for an outlay of three million quid is really good business IMHO.

The money is available if all of the pieces fit together bringing in our targeted player.

We still need to replace Boyd but don't forget we still have Arfield to come back, who by all accounts has been on fire for Canada.

Anderson has been developed and groomed to play for the first team and like I have said on a different thread, I think he can make it.

No reason whatsoever to think an Eire international centre back is not good enough to play in the EPL and Tarkowski is one heck of a footballer.

Let's be H A P P Y?

No need for any enthusiastic pills to be taken here BT, its like someone telling me its raining when they are p!ssing down my leg.

Bringing in Walters and Bardsley may be good business but they are stop gaps being 33 and 32 and not IMO improving the team a great deal or for the future.

Yes the money is in our hands so why the hell don't we spend it ? plenty of excuses in the past about this and that but even now with more money we have ever dreamed of sitting in the Bank, a great bank balance will not stop us leaking goals or help score them.

Arfield is not good enough, a grafter I'll give you, but some poor distribution, poor finishing and defensive work leave a lot to be desired.

Anderson being groomed BT ? We all know about Dyche and how he hates putting novice players (with the exception of O'Neil) into the team, having to travel and be in the squad, then a sub, then getting 10 minutes here and there, which is all good, but we need good players in their now.
    Vokes is an international player, would you class him as a potent goal scorer ?

"Let's be H A P P Y" ? If you are happy with what we have now I'm pleased for you, but for me not a lot of improvement from last season which means more of the same this, if not worse, if we don't get better players in.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    No need for any enthusiastic pills to be taken here BT, its like someone telling me its raining when they are p!ssing down my leg.

Bringing in Walters and Bardsley may be good business but they are stop gaps being 33 and 32 and not IMO improving the team a great deal or for the future.

Yes the money is in our hands so why the hell don't we spend it ? plenty of excuses in the past about this and that but even now with more money we have ever dreamed of sitting in the Bank, a great bank balance will not stop us leaking goals or help score them.

Arfield is not good enough, a grafter I'll give you, but some poor distribution, poor finishing and defensive work leave a lot to be desired.

Anderson being groomed BT ? We all know about Dyche and how he hates putting novice players (with the exception of O'Neil) into the team, having to travel and be in the squad, then a sub, then getting 10 minutes here and there, which is all good, but we need good players in their now.
    Vokes is an international player, would you class him as a potent goal scorer ?

"Let's be H A P P Y" ? If you are happy with what we have now I'm pleased for you, but for me not a lot of improvement from last season which means more of the same this, if not worse, if we don't get better players in.
    I'm with you Alto on this note , and before everyone jumps up and down I'm not a doom and gloom man for our season.

We really do have to improve the squad and that is the critical wording Improve.

I'm at a point where yes we are making signings but the great escape will be our season this year I feel unless we make better acquisitions, I like the idea of Taylor and I think Cork will do us a job tbh.

But I'm looking for something fresh and younger than Walters and Bardsley etc ( they may be ok short term).

Posted this before about if we are going to be progressive instead of standing still , at the moment I believe we are treading water and there is so much at stake, if we don't hit the ground running with more quality. I worry.

Bring back Joe Gallagher is what I say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to you primitive, give me the mistakes that Keane and Mee made in the corresponding games .

I think it's a fair point that it takes time for a new partnership to settle. Whoever plays together will be a new partnership . I would rather it be an experienced PL central defender than raw PL rookies. I don't have the same belief that everthing will be ok because we have a star system that will get us through.

Quote Originally Posted by Primitive View Post
    Now do it for the three games we played against the same opposition with Mee and Keane at the back (in which we conceded one more goal).
    thought that would come

but as this is about what we have - not what we had...what would be the point ?

...but as Donz....go for it Prim. Go take a look - were the 13th,16th and 17th games of the season....two away and one at home.

I fear for the effects of the meltdown on here after we fail to beat Chelsea, Tottenham, Liverpool or Everton in our first four away games.

Inserting asbestos into the keyboard as we speak.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I fear for the effects of the meltdown on here after we fail to beat Chelsea, Tottenham, Liverpool or Everton in our first four away games.

Let’s look on the bright side. It wouldn’t come as a shock if we lost all four of the above away fixtures, at least they’re off the schedule so we can focus on picking up points against lesser quality teams.

Yes, will be good to get the away fixtures against the Top teams out of the way early.

To counter the difficult away start , we only have Spurs and Arsenal of the Top teams at home before the end of the year.

Could we see the same pattern as last season?

All arguments put to one side we have a great season to look forward to . A couple of mouth watering signings would add to the anticipation.

Quote Originally Posted by thedonz View Post

I think it's a fair point that it takes time for a new partnership to settle. Whoever plays together will be a new partnership . I would rather it be an experienced PL central defender than raw PL rookies. I don't have the same belief that everthing will be ok because we have a star system that will get us through.
    But we won't be playing raw PL rookies Donz, Tarko will be partnering Ben Mee, an experienced defender going into his third PL season. I think BT is unsettling some people with his idea that Long is going to be starting, I expect we'll be signing another centre-half, then Long will be back to where he belongs in the pecking order, at No 4, and hopefully we can forget about him.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)