+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Backing the Manager

Quote Originally Posted by ahlltanyirhide View Post
    United got stitched up with Telfer, there is no way we would have considered him if the asking price was £250k.

As for Murray, he cost United £50K and more than repaid that fee and was exceptional value for money

United definitely got stitched up with Telfer. No doubt about that. Once bitten, twice shy and all that. It makes you very careful with the cash. United are not the DUP. Theresa May ain't going to throw money at us if we support the Tories.

As for Si. Opinion is very divided about his contribution to United.

There's no getting away from it. In recent times United's financial outlays for players (including those signed on loan or for free = wages/signing on fees, etc.) has been much closer to disaster than to success.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    What if its not an assumption? The facts are there to look at that the Ross County manager gets a fair amount of backing, but our club with its 4000+ season ticket holders have to be looking at a lower level in the barrel.

We have got a pair of cracking wingers that need a target as they will not be able to win the league on their own without one! You also have to look at the evidence today and see that there is not enough of a squad even for the group stages of this cup, never mind a league campaign!

Ray and the team need some more backing!
    The point I'm making is we have no idea or evidence about these transfers/rumours. Obviously we need to strengthen and I'd be hugely surprised if, by the time the transfer window closes, we haven't done so.

Stephen Kenny confirms no contact from Dundee United for David McMillan

http://leagueofireland.ie/index.php/...avid-mcmillan/

A lot of the mess we are in is through backing the manager. We obviously got plenty money in through transfer fees and proceeded to back JMAC for a few years signing players and paying wages that were meant we were running at a large loss each season that has put us back in a mess now.

Unless its an absolutely nominal fee I dont think we should be paying money for players , especially at 28 who will have no sell on value. We should be able to find plenty guys that can do a job in this division without having to pay transfer fees.

Quote Originally Posted by lowlife View Post
    Unless its an absolutely nominal fee I dont think we should be paying money for players , especially at 28 who will have no sell on value. We should be able to find plenty guys that can do a job in this division without having to pay transfer fees.
    Toshney transfer still bothers me...

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    Toshney transfer still bothers me...
    Aye I agree. He did well at youth level and played for Scotland at all levels. Folk that know more about it than me think there's a player there , but I have barring a couple of games yet to see it . Obviously hope he comes good though and Ray has faith in him. Hopefully last season can be put down to injury him playing through it it after that.

We still shouldn't be paying 60k for a player. Thats an extra players salary for a year and given where we are money wise seems daft.

Murderwell have signed 11 players

have they sold 4K season tickets?

Are they in the championship?

Quote Originally Posted by PUTAMADRE View Post

A lot been said about ICT & St Mirren signing lots of players. Both humped at the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by PUTAMADRE View Post

How many did they release?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)