+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wilder and Board support

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    Easy to bash the directors, when it might just be that deals are dragging on anyhow, players playing one club off against another, that sort of thing. Not like we don't see this stuff every year is it? As for the windfalls, I doubt very much we've had the cheque from Spurs yet. Depending in the terms of the contract it may turn up in several months or in bits. We're guessing, aren't we, like we always do, and probably not getting near the truth of it.

Still, we haven't signed a player this week so can I just add "Boooooo! McCabe ahhhtttt!"
    We may not have got the money yet but McCabe has history of spending money against guaranteed income (West Ham money) so that shouldn't be an obstacle

Quote Originally Posted by blades58 View Post
    There were a couple of interviews Rav. The one I'm referring to was on the night of the Chessie game and it was on SSN that evening. He's done another interview where any frustration didn't show. Well if it was there it was less obvious.

He said he'd done all he can. I think he also said it was now out of his hands and it was up to the powers that be to get the deals done
    Wasn't the chezzy interview the one where he said he was confident the targets would come in

Quote Originally Posted by blades58 View Post
    There were a couple of interviews Rav. The one I'm referring to was on the night of the Chessie game and it was on SSN that evening. He's done another interview where any frustration didn't show. Well if it was there it was less obvious.

He said he'd done all he can. I think he also said it was now out of his hands and it was up to the powers that be to get the deals done
    It isn't really in his hands anyway 58. He just identifies who he wants to set the wheels in motion, others then do the business part. That in itself is difficult enough without the parent club digging their heel in. Even though Wilder has said the deals are close, I could envisage him saying fek em we're going elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    Wasn't the chezzy interview the one where he said he was confident the targets would come in
    There were two interviews Bulmer.

The one I'm referring to is the SSN interview straight after the game

I don't remember him saying that in that particular interview. CW seemed slightly agitated about these deals still not being completed and how we need to get them sorted and how he had done all he can and it was up to others to get them over the line.

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    Yes it was Bully. Like I said, it's probably just the time its taking thats doing his nut in.

Can't understand the Southend chairman, Leonard wants to go. He wants more money but if that is offered and accepted late it gives Brown no time to get a replacement in. Russian roulette with the club by his ego.

Rav my boy! PACE.

Quote Originally Posted by RavBlade View Post
    Well I listened to the interview and didn't get that from it at all. He's confident the deals will get done and said as much. And what is it with this striker with pace shyte all about? We outscored everbody in Europe just about last season, we just need to male sure we keep creating enough chances for our forwards to feed on thats all. As regards spending, blow it all at once on gambles or keep our powder dry and wait until we see what, if anything is required? The latter for me, same as last season.
    Different league Rav, pace is required in this team, especially away from home when possession off the ball will be low!
    You need to be stretching teams with quick breaks to give the defence a rest, name any forward player who is fast! No we ain't got one!

It's taken a bit longer into July than I expected for this sort of thread to be posted.

The board and owner not fulfilling their promises?

It's as predictable as what my Dad used to say to me when asking about the weather. " it'll either rain or go dark by morning".

Funny how all those defending the stance say 'well, we don't want to be ripped off' yet turn up week in, week out to have just that done to them by the owner.

Let's jump to a load of conclusions about things we know very little about - and then blame the Chairman because its definitely his fault.

Those that are unhappy should go to the fans forum to complain....but I doubt they will.

Quote Originally Posted by Desun73 View Post
    Different league Rav, pace is required in this team, especially away from home when possession off the ball will be low!
    You need to be stretching teams with quick breaks to give the defence a rest, name any forward player who is fast! No we ain't got one!
    Want to name me all the forwards with other champ clubs that have this 'pace' ? One of the most prolific goal scorers in this league that now resides at the sty is hardly Usain Bolt.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast