+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reflections

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    I think we may have to speculate some tho , we Carnt keep paying Division One wages and hope to remain in the Championship , other clubs are also looking at lower league ( potential gems ) players , that well of talent could soon run dry ? We may have to rethink that policy soon
    we can and will carry on paying low wages Roma. That's the clubs policy now, we waint be held to ransom. if the incoming players or current players dunt like it they know where the door is.

Way i see it is that they're not exactly on skid row. 250k per annum for doing a job you love would more than satisfy 99percent of the population. Mortgage paid off early, money in the bank for retirement. Nice work if tha can get it.

money made on outgoing transfer fees should be invested in better academy coaching and facilities, a wider scouting network and hopefully one day buying our ground and land back off the council. That would see the financial side of things have gone full cycle, BFC independant once again and back to how they should be.

Good point Pass regarding buying the ground back , that is probably what may happen with the income we have made , part of the self sufficiency PC may have in mind ? Makes it easier for any potential buyer ? But who knos what could happen in the long term Choppy wattas nar running a footy club , not for me thanks ,

I think we are moving in the right direction and it seems to me that we are coming to the end of phase 1 with players signed up on 3 year contracts and on loan talent coming from top premier league clubs. We got decent money from Roberts and it looks like if yiadom goes, we are boxing a little more cleverly with the transfer fee.
    Phase 2 I would imagine will come in the shape of the clubs wage structure if we do ok this year. This in turn frees our hands a little bit next summer and slowly but surely we move forward this way.
    This has to be better than doing a Wigan and just bettering other people's wage offers at all costs to get your man

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12