+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Match Threed vs Cowdenbeef

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    creative midfielder would be great but with the amount of midfielders we've got i dont see us adding in that department, a defender and twa strikers are the main thing !
    Ye it was wishful thinking mate but a Tony Andreu type player with the wingers we have now would be great. He flattered to deceive in a lot of games last season but I think he would be a better player in this side. What's he up to anyway? lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Ye it was wishful thinking mate but a Tony Andreu type player with the wingers we have now would be great. He flattered to deceive in a lot of games last season but I think he would be a better player in this side. What's he up to anyway? lol.
    David Freezer‏Verified account
    @davefreezer

And lastly, Tony Andreu will continue to train with the U23s and is not part of the first-team plans. Guess that means he could be leaving.

10:06 AM - 15 Jul 2017

but, bringing him back limits up to the way we can set the team up

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    Hope not
    If last season is anything to go by then Flood and Toshney will move into midfield with Stanton and Briels on the bench.
    And a place will be found for Fraser.

Quote Originally Posted by An old shed boy View Post
    If last season is anything to go by then Flood and Toshney will move into midfield with Stanton and Briels on the bench.
    And a place will be found for Fraser.
    I really hope that this is not the case! Although i do like the heid screwed on Toshney in midfield, i would have any 3 from Allardice, Stanton, Briels, Thomas and a fit Fraser ahead of them! Toshney and Flood should be used to see the game out after 2 or 3 up.

The thought of Toshney in midfield gives me the jandies, mate. I can just about tolerate him out of the way at right-back but he's a phucking bombscare in the centre of the park. To be fair to him, he never hides and his commitment and attitude can never be questioned but his utter lack of ability on the ball means that he does more harm than good in midfield.

ive got the opposite opinion id rather have LT in the middle but only in games where the ball will be in the air more. (we played ayr at somerset end of season last year and he was in the middle and done decent) he can get stuck in and use his physicality which all the other midfields lack.

but in games where the pitch is decent and can get the ball down and play then keep him out the team imo.
    at right back hes too rash. dives in too much and either gives away a foul or gets done. even against so called lesser teams hes been done several times. his positioning at RB is poor and normally allows the attacker to go where then attacker wants to go which is suicidal. it shows how poor he is at right back that a midfielder in Murdoch looked better there and was more defensively solid with him there than LT.

he'll be useful for his versatility but if everyones fit he shouldnt be anywhere near the starting line up

Definately needing strikers , get a couple and Quinn signed up add Durnan , Flood , Murdoch and Keatings to yesterday's team and that would do me

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)