+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pigs buying for the future.

Hardly, but although I've often given Wednesday stick for their recruitment, I'll give them a bit of slack on this one. The Owls have enquired about lots of CBs. The snag is that they all seem to play for clubs who're also keen on promotion themselves. Mulgrew's not too bad, but in any case he's probably a gee-up for Hanley or the lad at Cardiff. It's like Winnall/Rhodes. Is Hutton Paolo Maldini? No. Is he better than what Wednesday currently have? Based on what I saw in the opening game of last season, definitely.

Another option is to buy Players from the division below you ...... We all know where you end up with that one .....

Quote Originally Posted by blades58 View Post
    Don't forget 31yr old Boyd

I dropped a post on here a few months ago regards a "rumour" I was told. That if they didn't make the Prem last time around, the days of the big spend were over.

Now some might say, it's because of FFP rules and I've no doubt this has to play a part. However, I was told DC gambled on promotion last time and if it didn't happen there would be an element of reigning back taking place

Perhaps if signing 2 x 31yr olds and a 31 year old that this reflects this to some degree?
    they spent 9 million last year hardly big spending,dont fall into the myth like them.

Quote Originally Posted by Twirlo70 View Post
    they spent 9 million last year hardly big spending,dont fall into the myth like them.
    And what on wages Twirlo?

Paying players (a number of them) £30k/£40k week takes its toll

Quote Originally Posted by blades58 View Post
    And what on wages Twirlo?

Paying players (a number of them) £30k/£40k week takes its toll
    Paying the bottler 50k a week,chortle,guffaw,chortle

We can afford it lads .... don't worry ..... We'll be reight .....

50K a week,Name:  jordan_rhodes_of_sheffield_wednesday_480895.jpg
Views: 475
Size:  48.4 KB

Can we get rid of the spammer please mods. Also libel.

Apparently some pig buttwipe has posted something about sign players from the league below gets you relegated.
    The thick pork clearly must have forgotten what league Blackburn are in.

Quote Originally Posted by LesHiboux View Post
    Hardly, but although I've often given Wednesday stick for their recruitment, I'll give them a bit of slack on this one. The Owls have enquired about lots of CBs. The snag is that they all seem to play for clubs who're also keen on promotion themselves. Mulgrew's not too bad, but in any case he's probably a gee-up for Hanley or the lad at Cardiff. It's like Winnall/Rhodes. Is Hutton Paolo Maldini? No. Is he better than what Wednesday currently have? Based on what I saw in the opening game of last season, definitely.
    If these 2 coffin dodgers are better than what youve got god help you.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast