+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Notts County 2017 Positive Thread

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    AH as only been in charge for a short while but he as been a supporter for years so he knows about our lack of decent central defenders for many seasons.
    But AH does not choose who we should sign. That is, or at least should be, the job of KN. If KN feels he can work with Hollis and Duffy to make them better, then that is his choice, and he will live or die by the sword.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    AH as only been in charge for a short while but he as been a supporter for years so he knows about our lack of decent central defenders for many seasons.
    Are you suggesting that the Chairman should interfere in 1st Team matters? I always believed that should be down to the Manager only!

Quote Originally Posted by apieandpint View Post
    Are you suggesting that the Chairman should interfere in 1st Team matters? I always believed that should be down to the Manager only!
    If i was him I'd be giving Nolan a warning that if he thinks this defence is strong enough to achieve anything this season and Nolan doesn't want to use up the budget provided to strengthen it then on his head be it if they don't perform.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    If i was him I'd be giving Nolan a warning that if he thinks this defence is strong enough to achieve anything this season and Nolan doesn't want to use up the budget provided to strengthen it then on his head be it if they don't perform.
    It's on the manager's head if they don't perform anyway, isn't it? Not that Nolan hasn't strengthened the defence anyway.

If we start the season with Duffy and/or Hollis in the starting line up I would say he hasn't strengthened it enough but I guess that depends on what the goal is for the season. It's more a comment on whether the chairman should "get involved in first team matters" though

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    If we start the season with Duffy and/or Hollis in the starting line up I would say he hasn't strengthened it enough but I guess that depends on what the goal is for the season. It's more a comment on whether the chairman should "get involved in first team matters" though
    We'll start the season with Duffy and Brisley at centre back, think that's pretty obvious. Duffy has been fine ever since Nolan took over.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234