+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Notts County 2017 Positive Thread

Making Meadow Lane a fun place to visit again - something you do for enjoyment rather than out of habit. We don't need to win every week (although that would be nice), but I want to see the same effort and determination as we've had at home since January, allied to a bit more quality. And for those crowds to get up to 8,000.

With the current squad and a few additions of the Liam Walker calibre - 13th.

I'd be surprised if we make any quality signings now to be honest but we are at least 3 first teamers short of a play off challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Making Meadow Lane a fun place to visit again - something you do for enjoyment rather than out of habit. We don't need to win every week (although that would be nice), but I want to see the same effort and determination as we've had at home since January, allied to a bit more quality. And for those crowds to get up to 8,000.
    This will do me, anything extra will be a bonus

Quote Originally Posted by Vladpie View Post
    Specsavers started doing a rose tint have they?

This is a mediocre squad at best and experienced fans are right to be sceptical that we won't struggle next season. I see no prospect of much above mid table unless KN suddenly aquires a couple oа quality signings / loans, fingers crossed.
    Oh Yea of Little Faith.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Mac pie View Post
    "1"definite signing this coming week.
    "2" maybe.
    I know bfp mentioned in an earlier thread..
    Just have faith.
    The right signings will come
    There we go.
    "1"down
    Another to come in this week
    Well done notts

And another one...
    Maybe one more before the week is out...
    Keep up the good work notts

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    We need two big centre-halves because neither of the current incumbents are up to scratch (if we're serious about going for play-offs and beyond). One would be start, though.
    We have needed them for the past 5 years and maybe the moaners had something to moan about as the past 8 or so managers can't seem to see it

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    We have needed them for the past 5 years and maybe the moaners had something to moan about as the past 8 or so managers can't seem to see it
    Maybe, but this manager and this owner have been at Notts for 1 tenth of that period. Nolan has now brought in 1 and who is to say another wont follow?
    I also think the Dan Jones signing will help us defensively against the long ball as he looks better equipped aerially, after all he looks about 6ft 4in..

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Maybe, but this manager and this owner have been at Notts for 1 tenth of that period. Nolan has now brought in 1 and who is to say another wont follow?
    I also think the Dan Jones signing will help us defensively against the long ball as he looks better equipped aerially, after all he looks about 6ft 4in..
    AH as only been in charge for a short while but he as been a supporter for years so he knows about our lack of decent central defenders for many seasons.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton_Pie View Post
    Rather than continue to focus on the negative, what are you looking forward to in the 2017/18 season?
    One more signing , either a pacey forward or strong centre back and then I will be more than happy.
    I think the last two signings have strengthened the squad and with the addition with one or two of the above I think we will be in for a good season.
    If some of the youngsters can step up and flourish perhaps we might do something special.
    Anyway fingers crossed as usual .....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast