+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Scott McDonald rumours

Scott McDonald rumours

Doing the rounds........and if a chance get it done.....he will score quite a few at this level.

I hated him when he got away with an over the top challenge against Lee Wilkie at CP but we are crying out for a nippy wee barsteward like this,

Thoughts?

Would take him in a heartbeat at this level.

Agree totally. Saw he was looking around for club and thought might be ok.

Don't think we'd necessarily be needing him every week but we'd know he's there.

With the young lads around also good to have some decent experience in squad

The fact we've heard about this makes me doubt it. As I've said on a thread this morning we've done all business very very quietly

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    The fact we've heard about this makes me doubt it. As I've said on a thread this morning we've done all business very very quietly
    Aye, a dont think for a second we're actually in for him.

Heard today he's been training with us for a couple of days and have made him a firm contract offer. He has been offered a contract from 4/5 premier league teams but isn't prepared to be a bit part player. Tbh he'd start most weeks for us so hopefully that should see us clinch his signature, horrible little ******* that tbh I ****ing hate but would do a cracking job for us so hopefully it goes through

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    We heard about Stanton before he signed.

As for McDonald, i have a dislike for him that is greater than the dislike i had for Scobbie. So that just looks like it means he is the right player for us!

Scott McDonald would score goals for us, probably.

But look at today's game, loads of times King and McMullan got to the byline only to cross it to the target man that wasn't there.

I suspect the manager is sticking with his favourite formation, so I personally would like a big bruiser up there to win headers and intimidate defenders.

The wage McDonald might need to convince him to come, might mean we get one striker instead of the two the manager wants.

He's without a club so up to him if he wanted to demand too much

As a team we don't have much height so definitely so need at least one big striker, who can also help out with set pieces at the back!

If we can get him then we should. At the championship level he will score a lot just from being in the right place at he right time.

For all we know N'Koyi could be the target man we are hoping for... jury is out for me as I have not seen him in flesh and he is not fit yet.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)