+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: We don't do "foreigners"!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Solid is really OK but we need to seriously inject some flair.

Two proper, high quality flying widemen with pace and two good feet but where will we find them and at what cost?

..best to look at those tootsies before purchase.

so....are Burnley checking the genetic fingerprints of players - could be why we're so slow at signing - as I think they'd be hard pushed to find pure ethinc descendance of ancient (celtic) britons - with all milleniums of migrations to the British Isles....Germanic, Nordic, French, Spanish, Roman/Italian , Eastern european etc etc - all seen when walking down any street in the u,k and looking at the faces/build of the folk passing by - born and bred uk - parents grandparents the same...and see the differences, just as the Burnley squad - a true melange of different races.

interesting post Tec....Cheers.

Last edited by Norder; 24-07-2017 at 05:00 PM.

On that evidence Norder I was born on the Nile!

For whatever reason it remains a fact that Sean prefers Brits in his team first of all, he'll take on North Europeans, but Latins don't seem to float his boat at all. Which is good news for us in one way, no matter how successful he is with BFC, this parochial approach to player recruitment means he will never be of the slightest interest to the top clubs who recruit on a worldwide basis as a necessity. Even outside of the top 6/7 in the PL, Sean's apparent mistrust/dislike of players outside of northern Europe is going to count against him when a job becomes available. It might not be good news for Sean's career, but it suits me and BFC just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    On that evidence Norder I was born on the Nile!
    ....thank your lucky stars Tec - could be worse.

....from what I read - the representations are only a description of Shape - and not neccessarily connected to your ancestry....though were seemingly depicted as the "norm" through the medium of art/sulpture.

It's said that Folk have foot shape of - Egyptian 63%....Greek 31%....Roman 6%.

Roman.

Egyptian.

Greek (mortons toe)

....just keep em clean.

:~}

Robbin Ruiter of Utrecht ??

Burnley are considering a late move to sign Sunderland trialist goalkeeper Robbin Ruiter, HITC Sport understands from sources close to the club.

Sunderland have been leading the chase for free agent Ruiter after taking him on trial last week.

Reports in Italy are suggesting that West Brom and Burnley both maintain an interest in Napoli left-back Ivan Strinic.

Corriere dello Sport say that the Croatian left-back is likely to leave Naples this summer after the Serie A side recruited Mario Rui, on loan from rivals Roma.

With the fresh competition Strinic, who is a fully capped Croatian international, is said to be considering his future.

Having arrived on a free transfer four years ago from Dnipro, it’s thought that 30-year-old Strinic would fetch up to £8m.

What Ward Taylor and another?
    Last edited by oldcolner; 28-07-2017 at 01:53 PM.

We already got two, sounds like a load of macaroni to me.

Strinic has no more chance of playing for Burnley than I do!

The Oumar Niasse rumours have a bit of credibility though. My Evertonian supporting mate and spy in the Goodison camp Billy, says this one could happen but Brighton are also seriously interested.

If Gray departs for £20 million and Niasse arrives for £8 million and if we can tempt Hull to sell us Sam Clucas for £4 million, it would be a great days work IMHO! Big word IF...

I can't believe Hull will let Clucas go for much less than 10m. I would think he was an important player for them this year. If we want him we need to pay up.

Quote Originally Posted by WillPark View Post
    I can't believe Hull will let Clucas go for much less than 10m. I would think he was an important player for them this year. If we want him we need to pay up.
    He is the new Tigers captain and I think £10 million is about right! I also know that one or two of our Recruitment Team really rate him!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)