+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The new Beast

The new Beast

Samba, love the guy already. What a beast of a player! Most forwards must crap themselves when they see him in the tunnel.
    Good game again today away fans taken to him already!
    He will be ***** this season, keep is up samba.
    Oh Christian Samba oh Christian Samba"

We're very strong at centre back now. I can see plenty of set piece goals and very few goals conceded this season.

I thought he was one we should have signed from Blackburn years ago. He is a proper CB and I also remember him being moved to a striker late on in matches before too

It will be interesting to see what happens to baker. I hope we don't sell him because Terry and Samba probably have 2 seasons left in them. A loan might be a good option if he doesn't mind being 4th choice.

Quote Originally Posted by TrianonDave View Post
    Samba, love the guy already. What a beast of a player! Most forwards must crap themselves when they see him in the tunnel.
    Good game again today away fans taken to him already!
    He will be ***** this season, keep is up samba.
    Oh Christian Samba oh Christian Samba"
    He sure is Dave. He has his limitations, but in this league he should be ok with Chester or JT mopping up around him. I'd hate to be a defender, defending a corner, only to see the lights going out as Samba strolls forward for the corner kick. OUCH!!!!!!

Where is Baker? Why has he not featured?
    For me you need 4 solid cetral defenders,

Chester and Terry obviously
    Then Samba and Baker

Pick any of this 3 in a back four if playing with wingers and one on the bench simples.
    What we cannot do is rely on Richards. Put him out on loan to get fit and lose about 4 stone!!

That's any 3 from 4 in a back 3, if you know what I mean??
    😲

TD Baker was injured at Telford.

Bongo. Baker looks surplus to requirements which is a shame as he is naturally left footed and can play left back.

Our CB and CB cover looks like this at this time.

Terry
    Chester
    Baker
    Samba
    Richards
    Bree
    DeLaet
    Bedeau
    Hutton
    Toner
    Suliman

We have 4 right backs that can cover the CB spot in there. This why Baker and Hutton will be moved on.

PS Bruce's loved Jedi at CB as well

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)