+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Seagulls

Seagulls

What were these seagulls up to?
    The birds were striking better than United!

Seemed to be feeding on the wing. Kinda worries me that they seem to have an abundance of insects to attract them and i would hate for the pitch to be destroyed as it was a few years ago by an infestation.

They always seem to turn up after half time, I guess because there is usually discarded food around.

Flocking to see the young lads flying

Don't know what official attendance was but at one stage seemed more seagulls than supporters

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Flocking to see the young lads flying

Don't know what official attendance was but at one stage seemed more seagulls than supporters
    There was more of the flying rat *******s than cowdendung supporters

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Seemed to be feeding on the wing. Kinda worries me that they seem to have an abundance of insects to attract them and i would hate for the pitch to be destroyed as it was a few years ago by an infestation.
    I would say they were there because of all the food consumed at half time and left lying about. There was about 30 of them scavenging on something at the Shed end of the GF. Seagulls aren't likely to go for the insects in the ground (leatherjackets), especially when there is human food kicking about. It's not the time of year for leatherjackets anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Seagulls aren't likely to go for the insects in the ground (leatherjackets), especially when there is human food kicking about. It's not the time of year for leatherjackets anyway.
    They do, and were feeding on insects on the wing though, and i know we are a few weeks away from Leatherjackets but there are plenty other insects about. And there was no waste around me as the pehs were in ma belly!

I got my pie about 20 mins before kick-off and it was at an edible temperature about halftime.... ☀ 🌋

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    They do, and were feeding on insects on the wing though, and i know we are a few weeks away from Leatherjackets but there are plenty other insects about. And there was no waste around me as the pehs were in ma belly!
    Can't say I saw then pecking at the ground then. Fair enough if they were. Rather coincidental that they only appeared in force at half time when everyone was eating tho. Either way, they need dealt with.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)