+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Squad rating/ League prediction 17/18

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    What's happened to the 100k they Were planning to waste on that donkey Noble, should they not be looking to get a goalscorer in.

For all we know they might be.

It's been a disappointing pre-season (coupled with a disappointing end to last season), and the obvious faults in the team have yet to be corrected. This is a poor league, though, and a couple of big signings could see us do OK. If we bring in two commanding centre halves, a ball winner in midfield and a pacy forward, I'll say play-offs. If we don't, then 15th.

I think the teams to beat will be Mansfield, Luton, Lincoln, Exeter, Port Vale, FGR and Chesterfield. God know what shape Coventry will be in, but we'll find out soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    For all we know they might be.
    I'd sooner us spend £100K on a Central Defender like a Graeme Lee type and a spoiler midfielder of the Bishop/Ravenhill mould.

Quote Originally Posted by blue midget View Post
    you've forgotten one thing manager 10.
    True. This manager did get this team playing at top 7 form for almost half a season. I guess the big question is can he do it for a full season?

It might not be as bad a season as some are making out. In fact in a twisted way it could be good thing that pre-season optimism is not artificially elevated because there is no fan pressure if there is no expectation for a top 7 finish, like there has been in recent seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    True. This manager did get this team playing at top 7 form for almost half a season. I guess the big question is can he do it for a full season?

It might not be as bad a season as some are making out. In fact in a twisted way it could be good thing that pre-season optimism is not artificially elevated because there is no fan pressure if there is no expectation for a top 7 finish, like there has been in recent seasons.
    The form table and results did show a vast improvement but the times were few when the actual play made us look like a top 10 team? The form table and even results can be a bit misleading and there were a couple of games where we rode our luck.

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    What's happened to the 100k they Were planning to waste on that donkey Noble, should they not be looking to get a goalscorer in.
    Who says they are not or do you know it all.

Keepers...5. Average for this league

Defence... 3. this has needed sorting for at least 4 seasons now & although KN seems to be getting the best out of the players we have unless we bring in at least 2 we will continue to struggle.

Midfield...6. Grant & the 2 wingers should improve it but we could still do with some real pace, a ball winner & someone who can take a dead ball, it could be worth investing some serious money on one player who could do all 3 jobs.

Up Front... 7. Ameobi has looked a class act in pre season & given the service Stead will score goals but they are both getting on a bit & if either is missing we look weak, given a run in the side Forte could be a good partner for Shola but doesn't seem to play well along side Stead. Ideally we could do with a quick goalscorer who can play alongside either of our main strikers but other areas of the side should take priority imo.

Prediction... As it stands 15th but get the defence sorted & we could threaten so I will go...8th.

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    Keepers...5. Average for this league

Defence... 3. this has needed sorting for at least 4 seasons now & although KN seems to be getting the best out of the players we have unless we bring in at least 2 we will continue to struggle.

Midfield...6. Grant & the 2 wingers should improve it but we could still do with some real pace, a ball winner & someone who can take a dead ball, it could be worth investing some serious money on one player who could do all 3 jobs.

Up Front... 7. Ameobi has looked a class act in pre season & given the service Stead will score goals but they are both getting on a bit & if either is missing we look weak, given a run in the side Forte could be a good partner for Shola but doesn't seem to play well along side Stead. Ideally we could do with a quick goalscorer who can play alongside either of our main strikers but other areas of the side should take priority imo.

Prediction... As it stands 15th but get the defence sorted & we could threaten so I will go...8th.
    Collin seriously blows hot and cold so this could be a big problem unless its addressed. the signing of Jones and Brisley should bolster the defense... the midfield looks half decent with 2 out and out wide men adding some pace and Milsom and Grant in the middle, up front we have 2 crackers in Stead and Shola and also Forte waiting in the wings... ill go for a rather optimistic 3rd place finish

It's hard to say really. I think we'll do better than last season, but I doubt we'll have enough to challenge. Perhaps an outside chance of sneaking into 7th, but I would say mid-table is more likely. I'll go with 10th.

Anyway, if we somehow find ourselves in the top 3, you can guarantee Nolan will be off as soon as a vacancy comes up at Bolton or any other Championship club.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12