+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Lampard or Gerard

Lampard or Gerard

So here is the debate and my argument for Lampard.
    The question was which was the better of the two in the premier league.
    Whilst I acknowledge that both were fantastic and brought many special moments to the premier league.
    My vote went to Lampard based on the fact that he was surrounded by world class players, Yet still managed to rise to the top in most cases above the super stars he played with and deliver 20 goals a season , to me that was a better achievement than Gerard's where he was the star in a weaker team.

For that reason Lampard got my vote.

Any interesting views please ?

Just a personal choice, but if I could have picked one of them to play for Burnley it would have been Gerrard. I just enjoyed watching him play more than Frank, he was more adventurous, more ambitious, even if some of his Hollywood passes were overhit. Having said that I wouldn't have been too upset to see Lampard playing for us instead.

As to who was the best PL player I'd have to call it a draw, they were both excellent in their different ways.

Bit of a mystery why they never seemed to gel together playing for England, there didn't seem any obvious reason to me why it shouldn't have worked.

I thought Stevie G was awesome and I would have loved him to have been a Claret!

That night in Istanbul is still fresh in my mind!

Lampard was OK but not in Gerrard's class IMHO!

Attachment 5580

I'm probably in a minority, but I never rated Lampard as highly as most folk.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    I'm probably in a minority, but I never rated Lampard as highly as most folk.
    I thought Lampard was a bit heavy in his gait, Stevie G was much more athletic and he really could win a game on his own. Gerrard was a truly great player in a world were "great" is well overused.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)