+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Swansea Up Bid For Andy Yiadom

Good post animal straight to the juggler and exactly correct with my sentiments entirely

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    At least with Yiadom gone there'll be no one left to cherry pick from our squad. I agree Animal get some money spent now and sign them up on three year deals.
    Wor abart Davies Ponte ?

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Wor abart Davies Ponte ?
    Signed a new deal last season SB so at least we have some protection with the lad .

Clock isn't ticking down as such so if anyone wants him we are in a position to demand a very very good fee .

That's not to say he couldn't still throw a paddy and upset the apple cart and force the club's hand .

Tha fecked either way wi this game nah .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Signed a new deal last season SB so at least we have some protection with the lad .

Clock isn't ticking down as such so if anyone wants him we are in a position to demand a very very good fee .

That's not to say he couldn't still throw a paddy and upset the apple cart and force the club's hand .

Tha fecked either way wi this game nah .

Very true

I think we all knew deep darn that Yids wo on his bike.

To be fair Animal tha sez gi Hecky some money yit on another thread tha started abart Fletcher, tha pointed art how players coming in on big wages is damaging to the squads morale which i totally agree with.

If Hecky does get some dough to spend mate then realistically,how do you propose he's going to bring in, say a 2 million quid player on 5k a week? Aint gonna happen is it mate.

Any big money spent on a player coming here then surely comes along in tandem with it, a decent contract, thus breaking the wage structure you were talking about.

I'm afraid Hecky will be fishing for tiddly winks rather than trout for the forsee able. Thats the way it has to be until we can spend at least a couple of years at this level, then i think we can up our game and pay more competitive wages.

It's a massive challenge to keep us in this division for another season or two. I think we all know that. The plan Cryne came up with is still in its infancy, should we get relegated then we shouldn't get into debt because these contracts we've given our players are manageable in lg1. That may sound pessimistic but that's the reality. It simply boils darn to not running before we can walk. I think Hecky is fully aware of that. Can he perfom more miracles and keep us at this level? I'd say that the odds are firmly against him.

Trying to sustain our future and not spending so madly that we end up in financial danger is important of course, and I go along with the idea in principal. But couldnt this idea be phased in over the course of a few seasons, with a decent mixture of young kids and some 'better' players who know what this level is all about ?
    As we've completely filled up the squad with unknown kids who have never kicked a ball before at this level, then thats a relegation just waiting to happen Im sorry to say. And I really hope Im wrong there but we're not making this easy on ourselves.
    And the point has been made before, what if we do go down to Lg One again and theres all that money in the bank which the manager was given very little of to spend.
    And whether we've got them here on 3 year contracts or not, how many of them will want to leave if we go down ? This might force Hecky into having to rebuild the squad yet again next summer!! Yes I know this is a very gloomy scenario Ive suggested here, but surely its on all of our minds.

I don't think it's any forlorn hope Pass of achieving better than a relegation struggle. I think Hecky has gone about assembling a decent squad and has bought wisely covering midfield and defence. It's just the forward areas and wings that need attention. I hope messing about and letting Mcloughlin join Millwall and not signing Brad Potts isn't going to come back and bite us in the ar5e. However, i'm confident other targets will be signed. There's still two weeks. Only place I differ with the plan is with the money in the bank. I would like us to go out and buy a decent centre forward. Who that is I don't know we might have to tap Animal's african market

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    I don't think it's any forlorn hope Pass of achieving better than a relegation struggle. I think Hecky has gone about assembling a decent squad and has bought wisely covering midfield and defence. It's just the forward areas and wings that need attention. I hope messing about and letting Mcloughlin join Millwall and not signing Brad Potts isn't going to come back and bite us in the ar5e. However, i'm confident other targets will be signed. There's still two weeks. Only place I differ with the plan is with the money in the bank. I would like us to go out and buy a decent centre forward. Who that is I don't know we might have to tap Animal's african market

for the time being we're going to struggle mate unless this new team knits together quickly. I agree that Heckys bought well and it's also glaringly obvious we need to get a striker in. Nothing would please us all more than to see Hecky welcoming a new striker to Oakwell tomorrow I'm sure.

Money in the bank? None of us can truly know what kind of funds are there and what is available to spend. Plenty of us like to guesstimate but until the figures are released then it's down to assumption and speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Trying to sustain our future and not spending so madly that we end up in financial danger is important of course, and I go along with the idea in principal. But couldnt this idea be phased in over the course of a few seasons, with a decent mixture of young kids and some 'better' players who know what this level is all about ?
    As we've completely filled up the squad with unknown kids who have never kicked a ball before at this level, then thats a relegation just waiting to happen Im sorry to say. And I really hope Im wrong there but we're not making this easy on ourselves.
    And the point has been made before, what if we do go down to Lg One again and theres all that money in the bank which the manager was given very little of to spend.
    And whether we've got them here on 3 year contracts or not, how many of them will want to leave if we go down ? This might force Hecky into having to rebuild the squad yet again next summer!! Yes I know this is a very gloomy scenario Ive suggested here, but surely its on all of our minds.
    Same as last years team who'd never kicked a ball at this level

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Same as last years team who'd never kicked a ball at this level
    But as has been mentioned several times, at least that team had a togetherness from playing together and winning promotion together in Lg One! The majority of this team has none of that, and they havent kicked a ball at this level either.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast