+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: season predictions

season predictions

thought id get everyone's opinion on what the season will bring so
    my predictions are.....

scottish cup - Aberdeen
    league cup - hearts
    challenge cup -falkirk

Premiership
    1. celtic
    2. aberdeen
    3. the rangers
    4. hearts
    5. st johnstone
    6. hibs
    7. motherwell
    8. Ross County
    9. partick th
    10. killie
    11. Dundee
    12. Accies

Championship
    1. United
    2. Falkirk
    3. ICT
    4. st mirren
    5. Morton
    6. dunfermline
    7. Queen of the south
    8. Livingston
    9. Dumbarton
    10. Brechin

interested to hear everyone elses ideas

scottish cup - Celtic
    league cup - Aberdeen
    challenge cup - Dunfermilne

Premiership
    1. celtic
    2. aberdeen
    3. the rangers
    4. st johnstone
    5. Hearts (Cathro to be sacked at some point during the season)
    6. hibs
    7. Killie
    8. the fun
    9. County
    10. Thistle
    11. Motherwell
    12. Accies

Championship
    1. United (as long as we sign a striker)
    2. Falkirk
    3. Dunfermilne
    4. st mirren
    5. ICT
    6. Livingston
    7. Morton
    8. QOS
    9. Dumbarton
    10. Brechin

Scottish cup - Celtic
    League cup - rangers
    Challenge cup - st mirren

Premiership
    1celtic
    2rangers
    3aberdeen
    4hearts
    5hibs
    6st Johnstone
    7kilmarnock
    8ross county
    9motherwell
    10dundee
    11hamilton
    12thistle

Championship
    1united
    2falkirk
    3st mirren
    4ICT
    5-10 no clue

Tin hat on here but i cant see us winning the league

Praying to god im wrong but i think this is gonna be a long hard season, again...

Genuinely from what you've seen in the cup games, why do u think we'll have a long season?? I've seen absolutely nothing to suggest that

Scottish cup - Celtic
    League cup - Celtic
    Challenge cup - Dunfermline

Premiership
    1Sellic
    2hertz
    3Hibbies
    4Sevco
    5Abergreen
    6Fermers
    7Plastic Wuzzle
    8County
    9well
    10Hammerthower Accies
    11Killie
    12Fundee

Championship
    1united
    2-10 Dinna care

Quote Originally Posted by deebuster View Post

Championship
    1united
    2-10 Dinna care
    Yep!!

Quote Originally Posted by dundeeunitedfc83 View Post
    Genuinely from what you've seen in the cup games, why do u think we'll have a long season?? I've seen absolutely nothing to suggest that
    United have played very well against League 1, Highland League and League 2 opposition, but Ray made the statement yesterday that it will be a very different story against those around us. The same statements that i listened to last season from Ray and from fans i know who are long time supporters of Championship teams. Add a striker or 2 and some depth to the squad and i have no worries we will make it!

Sadly it will be another season where Celtic will walk all 3 domestic competitions, and i predict Partick will surprise a few teams around them this season and make top 6. At the other end, Dundee will survive and i hope Hamilton dont!

Quote Originally Posted by dundeeunitedfc83 View Post
    Personally i still see the defending and attacking as the main issue, keeper situation, whats happening? 3 keepers on the books now, one is a proven leeper who is rumoured to want away, one is a loanee and fell like a wardrobe at the beaths goal yesterday and one couldnt get a game for Falkirk and was names as port vales worst ever keeper.

Defenders are light, Murdoch signed as a midfielder plays better at RB is out injured, Toshney is very very poor, Scobbie looks the business but not at RCB when hes all left foot, Edge and Durnan will get suspensions and potentially injuries, Donaldson like Toshney is very very very poor, Robson isnt as good as everyone likes to think he is sadly

Attacking we have Keatings out injured and Paddy who is unfit but even then looks kinda suspect and is also rumoured to be injured

IMO the midfield is a massive improvement on what we had last season and infact the last 2 season, wingers who can take guys on and hit the byline, great! Jordi B gets stuck in, hes not a sh1te bag either. Im confident in our midfield but our defence needs strengthening with (fingers crossed) Quinn a we need atleast two strikers one of which is a target man

United/Falkirk
    Inverness
    Dunfermline
    St Mirren
    Livingston
    QotS
    Morton
    Dumbarton
    Brechin

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)