+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2 weeks to go and.......

Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post
    Agree rod.
    Ya know it meks sense my dear old thing.UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    I think he'll prove to be a decent signing Rav. If we go 3 at the back it'll be him centre with Bash and O'Connel. If we don't get the kid from Sarfend, Bash could be back in midfield and Wright will be in at CB, but we definitely need another player in.
    Hope I'm wrong G, but I sense mistakes in this fella. Having said that, I'll probably be back on here though after 10 games eating my shorts!

Quote Originally Posted by RavBlade View Post
    Hope I'm wrong G, but I sense mistakes in this fella. Having said that, I'll probably be back on here though after 10 games eating my shorts!
    David Luiz makes mistakes Rav and he cost alot more than Stearman i'd guess mate.He dint have a gr8 game at Rovrum but that lad Moore was a big unit wasn't he? UTCB

Assuming Moore will be ok. For me we need two more signings but crucially for me they need to improve the first XI. Tough I know but in Wilder I trust. UTB

Quote Originally Posted by boltonblade View Post
    Our starting 11 for me is as follows.....

Moore/Eastwood/Newcomer - Depending on injury etc.
    Freeman
    Oconnell
    Wright
    Stearman
    Lafferty
    Fleck
    Coutts
    Carruthers
    Clarke
    Sharp

Which leaves those also expected to be involved
    Stevens
    Baldock
    Thomas
    Basham
    Brooks
    Duffy
    Hanson
    Evans
    Lavery

Looks like a reasonable match day squad to me...obviously some will chop n change. If the strong targets are secured. Leonard/Lundstrum i think we could see through to Jan. Only worry is if the strikers hit the ground running.

I've reflected and on paper it doesn't look horrendous.....

thoughts? have i missed anyone lol
    that side looks very week in this league,it is absolute ***** we win at home. we need much better forwards,two powerful fast goal scorers that can create for them selfs out of nothing. can see a lot of booing goin on next season at home.

definetly need another striker imo and another centre back keeper looks like being ripley so those 2 positions for me are ***** agree stevens should get the nod over lafferty and personally dissapointed baldock got injured think he will be better quality than freeman in that role very good player

Quote Originally Posted by Twirlo70 View Post
    that side looks very week in this league,it is absolute ***** we win at home. we need much better forwards,two powerful fast goal scorers that can create for them selfs out of nothing. can see a lot of booing goin on next season at home.
    Booin? REALLY? That'll help tremendously.UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by Twirlo70 View Post
    Said from the end of last season we need to buy quality. We still haven't. We've bought potential quality. I'm just choosing from the best we've got now. I think we are on for a challenging season. Two quality signings needed before 5th August. Proven heads. Worst case is everyone steps up and we have very good squad depth and a competitive squad. Not worth risking immediate relegation for me at all.

Quote Originally Posted by boltonblade View Post
    Said from the end of last season we need to buy quality. We still haven't. We've bought potential quality. I'm just choosing from the best we've got now. I think we are on for a challenging season. Two quality signings needed before 5th August. Proven heads. Worst case is everyone steps up and we have very good squad depth and a competitive squad. Not worth risking immediate relegation for me at all.
    I'm not sure we need them before the 5th but we need them before the end of the window. A lot of bigger deals seem to be done in August at this level as the better players weigh up their options.

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Booin? REALLY? That'll help tremendously.UTCB
    Doesn't take much does it Rod, and that's before a ball has been kicked?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast