+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Liam Walker Signs

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I have a feeling Walker might change a few opinions before the season is out. I don't think he's the type to win many MOM awards, but he might give us that bit of steel in midfield that we have lacked for a while. I know this is a pretty radical suggestion, but it might be worth giving him a few games before deciding he's useless.
    I can see 2 yes TWO negativish comments and a few of the usual cheap gags from the idiot brigade ( me). I don't think anyone has decided he's useless. One or two posters have decided that he might not have been the first choice for midfield and given the very public missing out on Liam Nobel dare I say they are entirely correct. Anyway for what it's worth good luck to the lad and I hope he has a great season. Seems an OK signing to me.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    given the very public missing out on Liam Nobel.
    True, he would have been a real prize.

If Kevin Nolan likes him enough to sign him, that's good enough for me. I hope he'll do well for us. I had to smile though when looking at the Post's lead-in to the story. "Gibraltar international" indeed... The population of Gibraltar is south of 35,000. On that basis then if I lived there I would reckon myself on the fringe of an international footballing career, and I'm 66.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    I can see 2 yes TWO negativish comments and a few of the usual cheap gags from the idiot brigade ( me). I don't think anyone has decided he's useless. One or two posters have decided that he might not have been the first choice for midfield and given the very public missing out on Liam Nobel dare I say they are entirely correct. Anyway for what it's worth good luck to the lad and I hope he has a great season. Seems an OK signing to me.
    I to agree queensland too many negative posts from the usual Mingers and moaners who just seem to think they know it all, just give
    K. N. a chance let him do it his way, he may not get it correct all the time but then again neither did Jimmy, Neil or Sam. The way some of this lot carry on you would think they were TV Pundits, just give these signings a chance to settle in and then some before you get your knives out ffs.
    Last edited by Bridg4d_Pie_; 25-07-2017 at 12:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridg4d_Pie_ View Post
    I to agree queensland too many negative posts from the usual Mingers and moaners who just seem to think they know it all, just give
    K. N. a chance let him do it his way, he may not get it correct all the time but then again neither did Jimmy, Neil or Sam. The way some of this lot carry on you would think they were TV Pundits, just give these signings a chance to settle in and then some before you get your knives out ffs.

It's time you were banned for making a sensible post

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    True, he would have been a real prize.
    ...bot possibly not for peace.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    It's time you were banned for making a sensible post
    Wotch it Joe or your 'G' String will be gusseted Pal.

We'll have to wait and see in the league how he goes, at least he's had prior experience in England. In Nolan we trust.

Appears to be a bit of a footballing nomad, I'm guessing the club has only offered him a short contract to prove himself?

Pompey fans actually seen to rate him higher than I'd thought. Good luck to the lad, appears to be a relatively cheap punt but you never know. Still think that trying to guess how new signings are going to do is basically a fool's game.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast