+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fits Your Favourite Sweetie

Maltesers as a chocolate affair, any chocolate in fact.
    Non chocolate, mentos or anything sour and chewy.

Galaxy Ripple has to be one of the finest chcolate bars, makes a mess of yer breeks when eating when driving though.

Chewwie sweets, it has to be Moams

Anyone remember "Beer Bottles" you used to get ??

Quote Originally Posted by ObanRed View Post
    Galaxy Ripple has to be one of the finest chcolate bars, makes a mess of yer breeks when eating when driving though.

Chewwie sweets, it has to be Moams

Anyone remember "Beer Bottles" you used to get ??
    I mind them. Hated them though. They had a very small alcohol content but kids had worked out if you devoured about 200 of them you got a bit drunk, hence the reason they were banned.

Brandy bas are my favourite but you canna eat them all the time but what I eat the most of is Bassets Allsorts so they deserve a mention. Love it at xmas when you get the big tins.

Xmas is only good for mince pies and big tins of Allsorts

Wine gums. The Tesco and Asda own brands are the dogs *******s.

Not really a chocolate lover, but do like a double decker.

Name:  SECRET.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  56.5 KB

They were great but short lived.

I'll have this instead:
    Name:  Chocolate-lady.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  36.6 KB

Woollies also did coca cola boiled sweets which were the best ever. Next was traffic light lollipops ....nowadays I split the difference and go for cola chubba chip lollipops.
    I also used to buy lucky bugs for the toy and that inedible chewing gum packets for the fitba cards."henna henna got it got it" swapping with 'feel eric"at mastrick shops ....he had all the joey harper ones...so nae so feel after all.

Quote Originally Posted by erchieplum View Post
    Woollies also did coca cola boiled sweets which were the best ever. Next was traffic light lollipops ....nowadays I split the difference and go for cola chubba chip lollipops.
    I also used to buy lucky bugs for the toy and that inedible chewing gum packets for the fitba cards."henna henna got it got it" swapping with 'feel eric"at mastrick shops ....he had all the joey harper ones...so nae so feel after all.
    were the football cards nae with bubble gum ? I couldn't and still can't blow bubbles so it made feck all difference to me . Coca cola bottles, beer chews, sweetie cigarettes with popeye on them, sweetie chewing tobacco, them big pink nougat bars and sherbert dib dabs were the dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by kigoretrout View Post
    were the football cards nae with bubble gum ? I couldn't and still can't blow bubbles so it made feck all difference to me . Coca cola bottles, beer chews, sweetie cigarettes with popeye on them, sweetie chewing tobacco, them big pink nougat bars and sherbert dib dabs were the dogs.
    It was flat rectangular Chewing gum (or at least meant to be) revolting stuff.
    Bubble gum was bazooka joe where you got a cartoon and if you saved enough wrappers could send away for an awesome submarine (well looked awesome in the sketch provided) we also used to get cinnamon sticks which kids would smoke until their ma appeared and they would break off end and eat them.Amazing the amount of kids sweets which related to smoking ..add licorice shaped like granpa broons pipe to the list .

My auld man used to work for Rowntrees on Waterloo Quay, he used to bring home all kinds o' stuff. My favourites were Fruit Pastilles and Jelly Tots (ooh er missus). Was also fairly partial to Spangles or Opal fruits. Chocolate wise a good old Mars bar, or After Eights if we were flush.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast